Favorite Color monitors

vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins

I think it is time for a new color monitor. I have an NEC Multisync EA231 WMi that has lost its umph....

Anyone have any good suggestions for a new monitor?

Comments

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2019

I know this question is a bit old, but I'm reviving it because I would be interested in a monitor discussion as well. I have finally hooked up my desktop Dell U2412m (native resolution 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz) and I am really noticing the difference between it and the 4k display on my Dell XPS 13. Maybe I need to play around with the settings, but since the monitor is over 7 years old it could be time for an upgrade. Well, it could just be a want since the only thing "wrong" with it is that current tech has passed it by. I want to stick with 24" or maybe 27" because I hope to be taking some long road trips (not camping) and I would want to be able to work on my photos while traveling. Getting something so big I am at risk of dropping it could be counter productive. Also, I'm not sure I need full Adobe RGB, my current monitor and the laptop only support sRGB and I don't do much printing so 100% sRGB may be fine.

So, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

~~Barbara
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins

we 2 years later and I have yet to pull the trigger on a new monitor...Still loooking . 25-27". I think I read at that size there needs to be sufficient resolution so must be at least 2K. I would like to spend $300 on a monitor plus the price of an Xrite calibrator.

Ay suggestions would be appreciated......

• james18james18 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins

The top of my latest best-of chart monitor is LG 27QN880-B 27; the colour accuracy, hdr and 4k for this price point plus the ergo stand unbeatable. Plus, you can have perfectly casual gaming.

PathEdits.com - Product Photo Editing

• govindvkumargovindvkumar Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    I like these two monitors: BenQ EX2780Q & BenQ SQ270C
    really love their color output, very good for editing images.