Options

searching site brings photos not tagged with term

romebotromebot Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
I've tagged all my photos, but when I search, I get a log of photos that do not have that tag. what is the search based on? does the gallery name have to do with it? want to find a way to get results based on who is tagged. possible?

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

When you say you tagged your photos, are you referring to adding keywords to them?

Here's a page that describes how the search works:
    https://www.smugmughelp.com/en/articles/373-add-search-to-my-site

• Options
    romebotromebot Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2021

this is great, a lot of info, so a little over my head, but am I to take from this that gallery and folder names will return search results.
    E.g. I have a folder called Charlie's adventures and in that folder there are several galleries, like Charlie & Friend, and in that gallery are pics of many dogs. Charlie is tagged in any photo he is in, but not tagged in the others.

When I want to search for ONLY of Charlie's photos, I see all the dogs tagged, which I do not want. Maybe I'm not understanding, but how can I see only results for what I've tagged Charlie? I don't want to change the gallery name, or the folder that contains it, but I will if that's the only option. Do I see different results in this case than people I share the gallery link with? Or does the have to do with the metatages on the gallery?

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2021

Tagging a photo is called a keyword.
    The link to use to bring up for any KW. 2nd shows how to combine two or more.

(your site)/keyword < link for your keyword list.
    (your site)/keyword/finches
    (your site)/keyword/finches;crossbills

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog