Trekking in the Andes

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited November 30, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

We had a chance to do two hiking trips recently, minimum altitude was around 13,000 feet (4000 m) with several pases at 16,500 ft (5000 m)!

1. Ausangate, Cusco region

4.Cell pic, not very sharp

1. Rainbow mountain

2. Huaraz area

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Beautiful images!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

These are all good, Cristóbal

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I really enjoyed looking at these, Cristobal. It's stunning country and you photographed it well.

My wife and I did some hiking this past summer at 9.000 feet and I had enough trouble with that.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thank you for the comments. The first trip was a three-day trek and was way beyond what I expected in terms of elevation, I struggled every day. The second trip was this weekend and we did much shorter hikes returning to a lodge with real beds, food and wine, I clearly prefer this style of trip. Camping sucks... specially at 15700 ft (4800 m).

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2021

Nice work, buddy. I can't imagine hiking at those elevations. I've never hiked above 11,000 ft. and I wasn't sure that I would survive that. We are in complete agreement on one point....camping sucks. Okay, okay......I'm a wimp. Camping to me is having to put up with B&W TV

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Epic Cristobal! Joyous! Bravo!

Thanks Tom and Taz. I agree with you on camping Tom, I never manage to sleep. I had never been, much less hike, at that kind of elevation, I guess it is worth it, the scenery is stunning.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Wonderful images and thank you for providing a peak into areas that some of us may never have the opportunity to see or visit.

Stunning views. Extra kudos for roughing it and camping too....in my youth I'd be there right next to you.

Now...as my wife states..."roughing means we have to go downstairs for breakfast, instead of having room service deliver it!"

Thanks for showing us a personal glimpse of the Andes.

@El Gato said:
    Cristóbal...

Wonderful images and thank you for providing a peak into areas that some of us may never have the opportunity to see or visit.

Stunning views. Extra kudos for roughing it and camping too....in my youth I'd be there right next to you.

Now...as my wife states..."roughing means we have to go downstairs for breakfast, instead of having room service deliver it!"

Thanks for showing us a personal glimpse of the Andes.

Thank you Gato, the Peruvian Andes are truly stunning. I hope to be able to trek more and share, best wishes.