Racin'

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Pre 1940 racers, Lime Rock Park.
These guys were really racin' and are pretty equally matched as they raced each other for many laps.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2021

Really good one, Will. I always wanted a chance to drive a car of this general age and type.. Never happened.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Very nice!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Cool shot. It must have been fun to watch.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2021

Gracias all.

@Cornflake said:
    Cool shot. It must have been fun to watch.

It's always a treat to watch VSCCA events and it's fun to talk with the drivers.
    The racing isn't that serious as the cars are so valuable and swapping paint is right out.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice image.

Good to see that they are keeping "socially spaced". I suspect rightly so as you state, the value of those autos does not justify swapping paint.

Any idea as to what max speed would be for these particular autos? Just curious.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Gto> @El Gato said:

Nice image.

Good to see that they are keeping "socially spaced". I suspect rightly so as you state, the value of those autos does not justify swapping paint.

Any idea as to what max speed would be for these particular autos? Just curious.

I am guessing, but 125 mph is probably max on the front straight for the pre 1940 cars, Gato

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks Willard....

125 mph not bad for 1940s vintage racing, even flat out on the straights.