Randomize the order of photos in album

jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins

Is there some way of randomising the order of the photos in an album?

Jan Erik Moström

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

I'm not aware of any option for randomizing photos.

Sort by options are position, caption, filename, date uploaded, date modified, or date taken.

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited August 7, 2017

You can randomize the sorting of a gallery as often as you'd like, though it'll only randomize the gallery each time you specifically take the following action (not every time the gallery is loaded).

1. Go to your gallery.
    2. Enter the Organizer ("Organize").
    3. Press Control + Shift + R on your keyboard (at least on a Mac).
    4. A dialog will open asking if you are sure you want to randomize the gallery. Click Yes

P.S: @denisegoldberg: this was a little "easter egg" one of our engineers found a few months ago as they were cleaning up some of the code in the Organizer :)

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • jemostromjemostrom Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins

Nice. I have a WP plugin that pulls the 10 first images from an album and I wanted to have random images ... this is not perfect but better than before :smile:

Thanks.

Jan Erik Moström
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@leftquark said:
    P.S: @denisegoldberg: this was a little "easter egg" one of our engineers found a few months ago as they were cleaning up some of the code in the Organizer :)

Oh, thanks for letting me know!

• morgo1968morgo1968 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins

Hi, I realise this is an old thread. I chanced upon this thread a while ago and have been happily using it to randomize my galleries, until today, when the function appears to have stopped working. I'm just wondering if anyone else who uses this has noticed it stop working as well? Does anyone know of another way to randomize image order in galleries? Thanks.

• lfortierlfortier Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins

I just tried it for the first time. It worked on my Windows PC.