Color fix. This year's flags

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited November 6, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

Every Fall, a small shop in Blowing Rock, N.C., puts some flags out on a street display. Every Fall, I shoot them.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

You could turn these into a curtain designs and make lot of money!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    You could turn these into a curtain designs and make lot of money!

My real estate attorney has two small kids. She took two of my past flag shot images, had them blown up big, framed, and hung them right next to the cribs for the twin girl infants. She says she going to use them to teach colors to the gals.

Man...an emerging curtain-design enterprise and the invention of an incomparable color-teaching tool. Stand back !!!! I'm going places.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Bursting with color Tom, nicely done.

Blown up and framed, set against a properly colored wall/background, a stunning and eye catching piece!

After you finish incorporating Taz's idea into a sellable product, think TV...I see episodes coming..."Fun With Flags!" ;)

Bursting with color Tom, nicely done.

Blown up and framed, set against a properly colored wall/background, a stunning and eye catching piece!

After you finish incorporating Taz's idea into a sellable product, think TV...I see episodes coming..."Fun With Flags!" ;)

Just caught up to you, Al. I have to tell you, buddy, I love how you think.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I'm generally cautious about saturated color but at times it's terrific. This is an example.

Thanks, Don. I'm fairly cautious myself about saturation. Outside of using a circular polarizer and making sure the sun is positioned for the best effect, I don't do any PP work when I shoot these flags. The material they are typically made of is fairly reflective and, in good light, the colors don't take any prisoners. I do very often, in PP, employ a light dose of sharpening which usually will boost contrast a tad....and tend to enhance colors slightly in some cases.