Some laugh, some cry, some just believe...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Just making a note to you all who have grown accustomed to me helping you out here and keeping this perfectly well oiled machine of the challenge board moving and running as smooth as possible. I am taking a break to recover from the monster (covid) that has taken over world. My whole family that lives in my house, has come down with it in some form or another. My husband John is fighting for his life in the hospital, while I am home on steroids because I have extenuating circumstances that make things more difficult. I believe God is not done with either of us, so all the prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated. Stay tuned for what the power that be decide for who shall take my place. I have great confidence in their decisions.
God bless,
Joyce Martin

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Joyce,
    Hoping for a speedy recovery for you and your entire family. We're all looking forward to your return as soon as you feel up to it.
    Best,
    Richard

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2021

It's a shock to hear that. All the best Joyce, we hope and pray all the best for you and your family and don't worry about DGrin, we'll survive and be ready for you when you're able to come back!

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear that this monster has invaded your world. Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to all for a rapid recovery.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Joyce, I'm sending healing thoughts your way.

• GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,728 Major grins

Joyce, i hope for the best for you and your family.

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Joyce, I'm so sorry that this is happening to you and your family. Thinking of all of you - get well!!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear of the health troubles and complications. Wishing you and all of your family speedy recoveries.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator

Wishing you and your extended family all the best!

Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

I'm very sorry to hear this, Joyce. Sometimes life seems very unfair. Please take care of yourself and your family and see you when you're feeling better.

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 23, 2021

thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. 4 of 5 out of my family members have fully recovered from the monster (covid). Unfortunately, my husband's body couldn't keep up with all the covid related problems. In the end, he died from a massive stroke. He was in great health and rarely got sick, only 66 years old and was very active as a referee for soccer. In about 3 weeks of time, the horrible monster stole him from us. However, he finally woke up in his new spiritual body and is in the presence of the most powerful loving God. I look forward to the day I will join him, in the meantime: As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord.

Not sure if or when I will be back, but wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year. Hold your loved ones close and never take them for granted as life on the big crusty rock is very short in comparison to eternity.

God bless,

• Wandering DaneWandering Dane Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins

Joyce: my sincere and deepest condolences. I have no words except that you and your family remain in my prayers. May you find comfort in your faith, God Bless you always. Lars

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Joyce, my heartfelt condolances with the passing of your beloved husband. 66 is way too young but it's not our choice to make. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers, I'm sure your faith and the good memories of your husband will pull you through these trying times. I wish you lots of strength, Pieter

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

Joyce, I am so sorry to hear of your family's illness and your husband's passing. Words fail me, and my thoughts are with you

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Oh Joyce, I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family and I wish you strength in the coming times.

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2021

Joyce, there are no adequate words to express the kind of sorrow you are experiencing. I am so sorry that you have lost John.