Portal To Eternity

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

How can you tell where this is going ?

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2021

@willard3 said:
    How can you tell where this is going ?

That's just a guess on my part, Will. To me, it seems preferable to some other destinations that one could conjure up. Take care, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

I like this. It has a painterly feel to it, like some of abstract expressionist stuff from the 1950s. Of course, I know that it's probably just some old rusted heap of a truck, but the black mamba magic sauce makes all the difference. Well done, Tom.

@Richard said:
    I like this. It has a painterly feel to it, like some of abstract expressionist stuff from the 1950s. Of course, I know that it's probably just some old rusted heap of a truck, but the black mamba magic sauce makes all the difference. Well done, Tom.

As usual, Richard, you speak with a knowledgeable tongue. This is an abstract from a much larger painting by Bill Reid that I acquired several years ago. His work expresses his personal affinity for the abstract expressionist approach.

Richard 1 Unknowing turkeys 0

As I was at the desk, working on some rust stuff, I glanced at his painting which hangs on the wall in front of me. I couldn't help but wonder what effect a minute amount of my rust elixir might have on the image. I selected the bottom left portion of the painting ( about 1/4 of the total canvas) took a picture and started messing around. In a roundabout way, you scored again.

Richard 2 Unknowing turkeys 0

Thanks much for your comments, my friend. Stay safe.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I am always interested on painter's technique, this looks like spatula on canvas. Nice!

@Juano said:
    I am always interested on painter's technique, this looks like spatula on canvas. Nice!

You're right on both counts, Cristóbal. Probably 80+ percent of his work is spatula on canvas. He does some really big stuff....the kind that requires major wall space. Mine is much smaller....30X36.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Killer Tom

@Stumblebum said:
    Killer Tom

Thanks, brother.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

OK...for me and a different perspective (artistic in a VERY different way), first impression was of the nebula encountered in route to Risa (the pleasure planet), located in a binary system, in orbit of the star Epsilon Ceti B. Live long and prosper!

Tom, thanks for providing the "behind the scenes story" of both the photo's origin and the painting itself.

Really nice job on the image!

Thanks, Al. I revel in some of the comments you often include when responding to someone's posting. In this case here, I feel like I'm sitting right beside you on our ride through the heavens. Take care.