Rusted-out old truck

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited December 26, 2021 in Other Cool Shots

When viewed in person, this old delivery van was completely covered in heavy, dark rust. I isolated the front left and right fenders, applied a generous dose of rust elixir in PP work, and look what happened. I'm continually amazed at the colors old rusted surfaces can be induced to divulge.

1 )

2 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice! I like both of them. From a composition perspective I favor 1 only slightly.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Nice! I like both of them. From a composition perspective I favor 1 only slightly.

Many thanks, Cristóbal. I always value your opinion.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Very cool, Tom!

@moose135 said:
    Very cool, Tom!

Thanks, John. Where in the heck have you been hiding? I know that strange times are prevalent now but your photo work on several fronts is something that I miss and I know others miss as well. I hope you're doing well....stay safe.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

With the other one, you got a gallery with these 3

@Stumblebum said:
    With the other one, you got a gallery with these 3

I'll go with that, my friend. It's great to hear from you, Taz.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Woodstock worthy, Tom!

Love the colors, patterns and detail. Very good work!

Thanks, Al. I trust you're staying as safe as you can. One of my friends had both shots and the booster several months ago. He's now in the hospital in the grips of that crap. Be careful.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

Many thanks!

All is well here as I hope with you and yours.

Safe and socially distant, keeping activities to the necessities and just being smart. Not the hermit I had become in 2020 but, also not planning any trips to FL for spring break either.

Stay safe, keep well!