Mini Challenge #330: You Are NOT Grounded

grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
edited January 1, 2022 in The Dgrin Challenges

I was looking back at previous minis and one of them gave me an idea. Sarasphotos said that she had a hard time photographing forests and she wanted to see how other people did it. Well my difficulty is photographing things in the air. I want to photograph snow falling or rain, and I find it very difficult. So my preference will be for pictures of snow and rain falling

But the mini will be a photo of anything that is not on the ground. People running, jumping, sky diving, animals leaping. Anything that is not on the ground. It can, if you want, include planes but that's not a priority. I am having a hard time finding the pictures on my computer as I am between computers so I may add some later.

Snow

Rain -

Girl falling off a horse - this is a very bad copy of what was originally a color print

Jumping - my daughter on her pony

Running - grandson

Leaping

Flying

Flyboarding

Zip lining

Water sking show at Cypress Gardens FL in the 60s

I do't have any good photos of kite boarding and I've been parasailing twice but all my photos except this one were taken from up in the air

The mini will end January 20th noon EST.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Great examples and mini grandmaR

Here's my three tries

1: Serve

2: Formation flying

3: Snowdrift

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

I like your levitating tennis player, and thank you for the snow

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited January 20, 2022

Looks like a fun theme for this mini! Hoping to be able to come back with some photos later. Thank you for doing this!

Coming back to add the one image I found. (But please don't count as an entry as a shoulder injury is limiting the time I spend with photography just now.)

1) Cable car near Sugar Loaf Mountain in Brazil

• LexingtonAlarmLexingtonAlarm Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins

Here are a few entries for not grounded.

This American Pelican was way off course in Nantucket. Although common in the midwest, finding this bird in the Northeast was a treat. The come in to land feet first.

This Osprey was captured with a squid. It is not normally what they eat, but there must have been a school of them in Polpis Harbor, on Nantucket. This is one of my favorite bird photos.

Finally, one of my grandsons in the neighborhood swimming pool this summer, arms akimbo.

Sorry these are not more rain/snow themed. If I see something better in my catalog, I will post it.

Toby Sackton
    https://tobysackton.smugmug.com/

No those are great entries. I didn't mean that you had to do rain or snow. Birds and people are great

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Good subject for a Mini.

Swallow Tail butterfly hanging from and enjoying a flower

Frisbee catcher in the high

Soaring Pelican

• slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins

Hmmm....interesting mini. We get snow so rarely here, that I've had to dig deep for something that fit that. I'm still looking for other ungrounded shots.

1. This is from a snowfall in February 2010. The snow is still coming down, plus my daughter had lobbed a snowball at me. We've lived in Central Texas 38 years and can count on one hand the number of times that it has snowed and stuck around for longer than one day. This was one of those times (as was our Snowmageddon last February).

2. This pic is from early in our Snowmageddon event last February. The snow is still falling, but it hasn't yet weighed down the visible shrubs and bushes that eventually broke down completely under the weight of the wet snow.

3. A shot from one of last spring's senior sessions that I did. This senior wanted her session in the bluebonnets. This location had plenty of flowers, but not really a lot with the lake view in the background. Other shots had more flowers, but she was still jumping for joy.

Sherry P.

cute picture of your daughter

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Finally have time to enter a mini again.

1) Pulling into the lead

2) A snowy walk last November

3} Freestyle kayaking championships (if this one isn't suspended in mid-air enough for you @grandmaR, just let me know)

There is only one more day for this mini

This mini is now closed - I had to set the time frame fairly short as I am leaving on a trip in 20 days and I knew I would be too distracted to judge a mini