Results: MiniChallenge #330 - You are NOT Grounded

grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

I had to set the time frame fairly short as I am leaving on a trip in 20 days and I knew I would be too distracted to judge a mini

I should really judge this in two parts - one for suspended people or animals, and one for snow which some brave people have attempted. I gave preference to animals suspended in air who were normally standing on the ground.

Pieter your suspended tennis player is great and appreciate that you did a snow scene too.

Gretchen the cable car is a really innovative way to look at suspended in the air. I had not thought of that.

Jo the one I felt filled the challenge best is the dog with the frisbee

And that is the case also with Toby's grandson. I did not know that white pelicans were common in the midwest. Mostly in the south we have brown pelicans and the white ones are uncommon. They all land that way whatever color

Sherry I really appreciated the action and the snow in the photo of your daughter throwing snowballs at you.

Sara I really loved the horse race where the horse nearest us is completely suspended. I even see some snow in the air from the snowy track.

So now I'm going to have to pick. I wish I could give two first places. One for the horse race, and one for the snowball fight

Since I have to pick
HM to Toby for the Osprey with the squid

3rd to Pieter for the tennis Serve

2nd to Sara for Pulling into the Lead

1st to Sherry for the snowball fight in Texas.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Thanks grandmaR for a nice mini and all the comments, and thanks for giving my tennis player a 3rd place. Congrats to Toby for the HM and Sara and Sherry for 2nd and 1st place. Sherry, that whole photo just fits together, the snowball and flakes together with the smile on your daughter's face make it a joy to look at. Great memories obviously!

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Thanks @grandmaR for the 2nd place and the nice comments. Congrats to Pieter and Toby for the 3rd and HM and to Sherry for the first place entry - a really fun photo that captures the spirit of the Mini!

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@slpollett congrats!
    Just wanted to make sure you saw that you took 1st place, looking forward to the next challenge!

• LexingtonAlarmLexingtonAlarm Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins

Thanks @grandmaR for HM. The mini inspired me to go out and take pictures of snow, but none I wanted to enter

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2022

I had to use the photo of the osprey with the squid, even though a bird isn't so unusual to see not standing on land :)

Snow is hard to take a photo of when falling - but rain I think is harder. @slpollett's snow was falling in big fat flakes which made it easier.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

Congratulations to the winner (Sherry), runners up (Sara and Pieter) and HM (Toby)! Thank you for running this mini, @grandmaR, and your comments. Safe travels!

• slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins

Wow! Thank you, GrandmaR for choosing my photo. We don't get snowfall very often where I live, so even though my daughter was actually throwing a snowball at me (and got me several times) I treasure this little image. I am happy that you like it too. I am sorry everyone that I am late in seeing this announcement! I will try to get a new mini up today. Give me a couple of hours to come up with a topic. Big congrats to the runners up (Sara and Pieter) and HM (Toby). Also thanks to Denise for reminding me!

Thanks,
    Sherry P.