Options

Beautiful naked lady

GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited January 24, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

A rare look of a Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX without the engine covers during an engine run up.

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2022

Great shots, Al, of a really rare plane. Several years ago, I was all set up for a flight in a two-place Spitfire that was being restored here in Jacksonville. I was told that the plane was the sole survivor of the very few two-place Spitfires made. On the eve before the flight, the plane's owner changed his schedule and came in the next day to pick up the plane. There went my ride. At least I got to sit in the plane and talk to the guys who had flown it. I've been up in two different P-51 Mustangs, a B-17 Flying Fortress. a B-24 Liberator and a B-25 Mitchell. I surely wanted to add the Spitfire to the list.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

First one is special and stunning. The angle and framing and background just works out. Bravo Gato!

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Great photos...number 1 is super.

BTW...these images are from Gatto (a.k.a. ????).

Not to be confused with the images posted from el gato (a.k.a. me...Al).

Just making sure that proper credit is given to the photographer who actually took these great images....that being Gatto.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    First one is special and stunning. The angle and framing and background just works out. Bravo Gato!

I agree.

• Options
    edited January 25, 2022

@black mamba said:
    Great shots, Al, of a really rare plane. Several years ago, I was all set up for a flight in a two-place Spitfire that was being restored here in Jacksonville. I was told that the plane was the sole survivor of the very few two-place Spitfires made. On the eve before the flight, the plane's owner changed his schedule and came in the next day to pick up the plane. There went my ride. At least I got to sit in the plane and talk to the guys who had flown it. I've been up in two different P-51 Mustangs, a B-17 Flying Fortress. a B-24 Liberator and a B-25 Mitchell. I surely wanted to add the Spitfire to the list.

I am sorry you missed that opportunity, it is such a privilege to get to see these historic planes either static or flying , but to fly in them it is an absolute "dream come true". luckly I had my shares of dreams that came true :-) but that' s a story for another time.

@Stumblebum said:

Thank you !> @El Gato said:

Great photos...number 1 is super.

BTW...these images are from Gatto (a.k.a. ????).

Not to be confused with the images posted from el gato (a.k.a. me...Al).

Just making sure that proper credit is given to the photographer who actually took these great images....that being Gatto.

Thank you Al, we are the same animal in 2 different languages :D , Gatto (a. k. a. Gabe)

@Juano said:

@Stumblebum said:

I agree.

I agree as well, LOL thank you

I shoot a lot of aviation stuff, if you guys like that kind of stuff I will post more of it, and the stuff I shoot it is not always flying.

Ciao

• Options

Hey, Gabe. Sorry about the snafu I made in who the posting member is. I do like the shots a lot. I happen to shoot a lot of aviation stuff myself, mainly static....a little bit flying. I wish you would post more of your work. You'll find it well received as a fair number of us share aviation interests. Good luck, stay safe.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2022

@black mamba said:
    Hey, Gabe. Sorry about the snafu I made in who the posting member is. I do like the shots a lot. I happen to shoot a lot of aviation stuff myself, mainly static....a little bit flying. I wish you would post more of your work. You'll find it well received as a fair number of us share aviation interests. Good luck, stay safe.

Tom

What would you like best ? War-birds or modern jets ? I shoot very little General Aviation
    or do you have any particular request ?

• Options

@Gatto said:

@black mamba said:

Tom

What would you like best ? War-birds or modern jets ? I shoot very little General Aviation
    or do you have any particular request ?

It's been my experience that aviation buffs are interested in all facets of planes and flying.. My personal penchant is for military planes....particularly WW II stuff. However, as a long-time pilot myself, I ( like most buffs ) will appreciate anything you care to post.