Where there's "Smoker" there's "Fire"

GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

Today on Lake Conroe ( about 1 hour north of where I live) there was a demonstration of The "Canadair 415 Superscooper", This plane it's designed to skims the water of lakes or seas, and in 12 seconds it Scoops-up 1600 gallons of water and than fly to drop it on the fire.

Comments

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

...and these are some more

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice work, Gabe.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Oh my #4 is like its carrying a storm with it. I don't know how to exactly play with it, but I would explore monochrome and use some effect or whatever to make it even more dramatic or give it a try at least.

Also #3 is good. If mine, I would straighten the horizon and mask out the tower sticking out and add some constrast too....bit hazy....

Cheers Gatto!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good set! I agree with Taz.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Nice set, my fave is #4.

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2022

@black mamba said:
    Nice work, Gabe.

Thank you

@Stumblebum said:
    Oh my #4 is like its carrying a storm with it. I don't know how to exactly play with it, but I would explore monochrome and use some effect or whatever to make it even more dramatic or give it a try at least.

Also #3 is good. If mine, I would straighten the horizon and mask out the tower sticking out and add some constrast too....bit hazy....

Cheers Gatto!

Thanks Taz, I wish I was good at editing, I can only do basic stuff, all pictures are a bit hazy because it was at noon with the plane between me and the Sun, worst possible light condition, but hey I get what I can :-)

![](https://us.v-

@Juano said:
    Good set! I agree with Taz.

thank you > @sarasphotos said:

Nice set, my fave is #4.

thank you

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2022

Works for me! Bravo Gatto! You could add little bit of vignetting to it! Cheers!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Wow! Great captures. I can't imagine the skill required to fly this craft. Taking on water and weight and increasing power to compensate. That has to be some special skill set.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Gabe....

These are all very good, albeit as you say the daytime sun and the shooting position.

Some very good shots here, #s 4 and 7 standout for me. I can see some minor tweaks that could "pop" these images.

The colors, overall are appealing and contribute to some great shots. Well done!

Thanks for sharing these and giving us a peek at this special aircraft.

Wonder if the pilots are also required to have a fishing license? 😉