Options

Welcome home, Tinkerbell

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

This is a 2005 Yamaha FJR sport-touring bike with an inline 4 cylinder engine that puts out 145 HP. I bought it new and spent a fair amount of money and time customizing it to my taste.....new seats, back rest, suspension pieces, handle bars, different windshield, etc. etc. From new to 2009, I put 38,000 miles on it. I sold it in 2009 when I decided to cut way back on my biking....twice I was run off the road by stupid drivers. The guy I sold it to called the other day and wanted to know if I would be interested in buying it back. From 2009 to the present day, he has put only 2700 miles on it. Bad health set in on him not long after he bought it from me and he rode it only enough to keep it up to snuff mechanically. The pictures were taken after I got it back home the other day. I'm going to keep this bike up in the mountains on a permanent basis where biking is a hell of a lot safer.

I always named my bikes. When I first bought this bike, I let my wife pick the name. " Tinkerbell " GEEEZE. I caught a lot of ribbing over that.

1 )

2 )

3 )

4)

5 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Be safe out there, Tom!

• Options

@sarasphotos said:
    Be safe out there, Tom!

I appreciate the well wishes. From the moment I mount a bike, I go to RED ALERT. That practice has saved my fanny more than once. But the sad fact is that, as a rider, you're extremely vulnerable to a whole host of circumstances that never have pleasant endings. By far, though, the greatest threat to bikers is being surrounded by car and truck traffic all the time.....and a significant number of those drivers are preoccupied with phone calls, texting, and other distractions.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow Tom! How nice of that guy to think of you. Its like it never left! 2700 miles? Crazy

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow Tom! How nice of that guy to think of you. Its like it never left! 2700 miles? Crazy

Ain't that the truth, Taz. I was stunned when he told me how little it had been ridden. I was double stunned when I saw it. It looked exactly like it did the day I sold it. I'm fairly meticulous in caring for mechanical things and that bike looked like it had never left my garage.