Wheels, wheels, and more wheels

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited February 18, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

This place has lot of potential. Nice shooting Tom. what is this?

• Options
    edited February 18, 2022

@Stumblebum said:
    This place has lot of potential. Nice shooting Tom. what is this?

You're dead right, Taz. This place has potential out the kazoo. I could have spent all day shooting the stuff they have created or acquired. It is located in Cody, Wyoming. Included in the buildings they created is an exact duplicate of a saloon that was often frequented by members of the infamous " Hole in the Wall " gang and other nefarious characters of the times. They even included bullet holes in the ceiling and walls that were in the original structure. They also created an exact copy of a hide-out building often employed by Butch Cassidy and his gang. It's certainly worth a visit if you get anywhere near Cody.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Good set, Tom. Lotsa potential here.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

Thanks, Will. During my two trips to Yellowstone, I spent a total of five nights in Cody.....stayed at the Hotel Irma which was built by Buffalo Bill and named after his daughter. The saloon in that hotel is almost worth the trip by itself. If you ever go there, you definitely want to go to the Buffalo Bill museum. It's a huge facility with 5 separate major areas of interest. I'm a gun nut and that section of the museum houses one of the largest gun collections in the world and the dioramas they use to highlight some of the collection are stunning.

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Great captures Tom! I've been in and around Cody a dozen times or more and have missed this somehow. You are absolutely right about the Buffalo Bill Center. That place is so huge the last time we were there, your ticket was good for two days.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,185 moderator

I've stayed in Cody, but I didn't know about this old-timer town. Wish I did, but I wouldn't have had the time to give it justice back then. Now it is another place on my future punch list. Do I need to bring a colt-45 to defend myself? Looks a little rough.

Cool looking place. Thanks for sharing these with us.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Cool shots and trip!

• Options

@roaddog52 said:
    Great captures Tom! I've been in and around Cody a dozen times or more and have missed this somehow. You are absolutely right about the Buffalo Bill Center. That place is so huge the last time we were there, your ticket was good for two days.

Thanks, Phil. I spent the better part of two days at the museum and still didn't see it all. It's overwhelming.

• Options

@David_S85 said:
    I've stayed in Cody, but I didn't know about this old-timer town. Wish I did, but I wouldn't have had the time to give it justice back then. Now it is another place on my future punch list. Do I need to bring a colt-45 to defend myself? Looks a little rough.

Cool looking place. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Thanks, David. When I was pulling into Cody the first time, an incident happened and I figured I was in for a treat. Some cowboys were herding about 50-60 horses and I had to sit and watch as they blocked the road so they could pass. I don't see things like that very often and I knew Cody had to be a fun place.

• Options

@Juano said:
    Cool shots and trip!

Thanks, my friend.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

As has been previously state, excellent images and some additional potential here. Well done.

As always, I can see some of these becoming stunning B&W images.

Got to put Cody on the list, once unfettered travel gets back into vogue again.

• Options
    edited March 5, 2022

@El Gato said:
    Tom...

As has been previously state, excellent images and some additional potential here. Well done.

As always, I can see some of these becoming stunning B&W images
    Got to put Cody on the list, once unfettered travel gets back into vogue again.

Thanks, Al. I hope you get a chance to visit Cody. In addition to this old-west attraction, there's world-class rodeo action and the Buffalo Bill Center ( museum ) that I've mentioned. Cody is only about a 50 mile ride from the eastern entry to Yellowstone and that ride offers some truly spectacular scenery.....really stunning.

As you note, the old-west place offers B&W shooters a plethora of opportunities. In fact, I'll post some of my efforts in B&W fairly soon.

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Very cool location and nice shots, Tom.

• Options

@sarasphotos said:

Thanks, Sara. It's good to see you posting more frequently these days. Keep it up.

• Options

@black mamba said:

@sarasphotos said:

Thanks, Sara. It's good to see you posting more frequently these days. Keep it up.

It's funny, Tom - since I retired 4 years ago, I've had less time for posting instead of more. I'm not sitting in an office alone all day staring at a computer screen, taking a couple of minutes now and then to post. In retirement there are so many things to do each day!

• Options

@sarasphotos said:

@black mamba said:

@sarasphotos said:

It's funny, Tom - since I retired 4 years ago, I've had less time for posting instead of more. I'm not sitting in an office alone all day staring at a computer screen, taking a couple of minutes now and then to post. In retirement there are so many things to do each day!

Hey, Sara. I think that you've discovered a common truth about retirement for people who are naturally inclined to get out and about. I have found that the story you tell is applicable to me as well. I had to determine what endeavors I wanted to keep at the top of my activities. Being active on this forum made the list of those things that I definitely wanted to stay current with. Works for me.....but we're all different. I just know that I really vicariously enjoy the trips you let me accompany you on. Stay safe, my friend.

• Options

@black mamba said:

@sarasphotos said:

@black mamba said:

@sarasphotos said:

l know that I really vicariously enjoy the trips you let me accompany you on. Stay safe, my friend.

Same goes for me, Tom. I always enjoy those cars and barns that you share!