Options

1936 Buick Speical

DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
edited March 17, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

So this past summer (2021) a friend of mine was visiting while I was away at King's Island and through my security camera I saw a greenish old car in the driveway. I inquired over the phone about it. He planned on selling it at the AACA / Buick Club show in Auburn, Indiana. Long story short, with no intentions of really buying it but I really liked it. I now own a 1936 Buick Special. It was most likely re-painted in the 1970's.
Here's a few shots. I posted a few interior shots, but have cleaned up the inside, so it looks a bit better than these pics. And I purchased new tires.
@black mamba I still have the 1966 Ford Galaxie as well.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice Set! Lovely from outside! I like the chalk figure of the person that got run over!

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator
    edited March 17, 2022

Beautiful! Cars were really art pieces back then. Are you planning on a full restore? We'd love to see updated pics in the future. BTW, I fixed the double post above.

... I like the chalk figure of the person that got run over!

Oh, I missed that. Good catch.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

It's sure great to hear from you, David. I've wondered what you have been up to. In addition to your new acquisition, I'm glad to hear that you still have the Ford. How deep do you intend to take the restoration of the Buick? I don't know about the mechanics of the Buick but the exterior appears to be quite good. You always seemed to have a lot on your platter.....hobby interests and family requirements considered. I'm sure you wouldn't have taken on this Buick if you couldn't give it your best. I sure hope you can find time to visit the forum more frequently.....especially since you have a new project that will interest all of us car guys. Keep us tuned in.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Nice Set! Lovely from outside! I like the chalk figure of the person that got run over!

^^ my sentiments exactly. the chalk figure is my fave! Nice job of cleaning up the outside.

• Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2022

@black mamba said:
    It's sure great to hear from you, David. I've wondered what you have been up to. In addition to your new acquisition, I'm glad to hear that you still have the Ford. How deep do you intend to take the restoration of the Buick? I don't know about the mechanics of the Buick but the exterior appears to be quite good. You always seemed to have a lot on your platter.....hobby interests and family requirements considered. I'm sure you wouldn't have taken on this Buick if you couldn't give it your best. I sure hope you can find time to visit the forum more frequently.....especially since you have a new project that will interest all of us car guys. Keep us tuned in.

Tom

Basically, I just wanted another "old" car to have fun with. Not sure how far I'll go with it. Prolly just maintain it like it is but fix the running boards since they aren't the greatest on it. Along with the fuel gauge and brake lights. I've also talked about getting a new windshield, since mine has turned a nice brownish color. Yeah, not sure when was the last time I was on here, my kid turned 10 last month!! She's not that fond of the Buick. She still likes the Galaxie better. After watching the movie "RV"; she has named my Buick the "Green Rolling Turd". lol I've cleaned a lot of mice droppings from under the seats and did what I could on the interior last year. The back seat isn't original with this car. Apparently, someone at one time had a fire in the back seat. My friend does that what's left of the rear seat, which isn't much. The front seat has lost it's adjustment mechanism so it's now stationary. I have a seat cover over the front, kid doesn't like the feel of the original. :neutral:

I'll share some more of last years cleaning pics of the Buick over the next few days/weeks

@Stumblebum said:

Thanks! It was part of last years Halloween decor. See pic below. While the kids were coming up, I had 1930's detective radio shows playing.

I enjoy cleaning cars.... it's a hobby and I'm pretty OCD with my cars.

Little video I made: video is missing....... I'll have to find it agian. :(
    https://www.dajatuphoto.com/Halloween.../n-QFMXHh/i-z6mdbQB

*sorry about any mistakes typing..... I'm typing without my glasses on; and everythings really blurry. :dizzy:

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet! Made my day!