New barn finds

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1 )

2 )

3 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow Tom! 3 Home Runs! I think last one might be my favorite but I go back and forth!!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Yup. All good. Third shot is also my favorite.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow Tom! 3 Home Runs! I think last one might be my favorite but I go back and forth!!

Many thanks, Taz. The day I shot that third image was a perfect day for such photography.......an overcast sky, moisture in the air that naturally hyped the colors.....things that help add mood to a scene.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@David_S85 said:
    Yup. All good. Third shot is also my favorite.

Thanks for looking in, David. I always appreciate your take on things.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

That first image is both a perfect "picture postcard" and a wall-hanger. The sky was really working for you that day!

Neglected but still put to use. Reminds me of grandparenting! B)

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

@ziggy53 said:
    That first image is both a perfect "picture postcard" and a wall-hanger. The sky was really working for you that day!

Neglected but still put to use. Reminds me of grandparenting! B)

I appreciate the visit, Ziggy. You're absolutely right about that sky working for me. October in the Appalachians, at higher elevations, seldom provides such a sky. The sky in shot #3 is far more likely to prevail. But, recognizing the opportunity at hand, I quickly plotted out a target zone with about a 30 mile radius and hustled out to some barns that were on my hit list.

I've been cackling all day about your grandparenting remark.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Tom, these are awesome.

Many thanks, Cristóbal.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Once again outstanding work.

Capturing the fading away of rural America, board-by-board. These barns are iconic and such an integral piece, of the great fabric of America.

Can't wait to see your book on Amazon! 👍🏼 🙂

edited April 4, 2022

" These barns are iconic and such an integral piece of the great fabric of America ".

I've often wondered what really drives me in my pursuit to document as many of these old barns and buildings as I can. Your quoted statement above hits at the core reason, I believe.

I sure appreciate your support.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like the POV of no. 2 best, tom

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@willard3 said:
    I like the POV of no. 2 best, tom

Hey, Will. I always find your take on my barn work to be very interesting. With your proclivity for the architectural side of things, your comments often help me to appreciate and evaluate what I'm seeing. Thanks.