Options

Noos

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Pronounced the same in Rican as Méxican

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

That's a very interesting shot, I have no idea what the storyline behind this image may be but I have a feeling there's some strong cultural expressions involved. Good one, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Artsy image of art! Very cool! I like the bricks bursting through from behind the plaster!

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,181 moderator
    edited March 17, 2022

Mighty fine artwork. The depictions appear to be all peaceful folk. The guy on the right is holding a tamborine. The big guy on the left is holding a leaf. The middle guy looks exactly like Tommy Silva from the "This Old House" U.S. TV show. The copper shirt guy is an artist holding a portrait and with brushes in his pocket. The woman just look distracted. With that, believe me when I say I have no idea what the artist is showing, but I'd like to know more.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Very interesting, Willard.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Very cool shot and street art.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2022

Gracias all
    The back story, Tom , is that , either in the Bajó near Mexcio City or Viejo San Juan, when the newsw boys are around , what you hear is "news" (noos) early in the morning

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wow Willard...

History, art and culture wrapped up in one very interesting and well shot image.

Lending increasing credence to the statement "every picture tells a story" (with an artistic nod to Mr. Rod Stewart).

Thanks for bringing this one to us!