All the car shots inspired me...

sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins
edited April 13, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

I've been sitting on these for a while but in light of the flurry of vintage car shots, I thought I'd add these to the mix.

We were out for a bike ride last fall without realizing it was the day of the annual old-timer rally. We happened on a checkpoint just as the first batch of cars were coming through. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to wait for all of the participants, but I caught the first few.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Boy, Sara, that's a great array of cars you caught. Super shooting, Lady. Those two BMW's in shots # 6 and 7 are high on my list of all-time greats. I know you get out and around a good bit and see a lot of stuff. Don't hesitate to post car shots. They're always welcome.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Thanks, Tom. It was fun to try and catch the moving vehicles. I would have stayed longer but my better half reminded me not-so-subtly that we were indeed on a bike ride, not a car photo shoot. :-/

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic set Sarah! Cars look in good shape! Owners taking good care of them!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice work Sara! I like the low angle.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Fantastic set Sarah! Cars look in good shape! Owners taking good care of them!

@Juano said:
    Nice work Sara! I like the low angle.

Taz, Cristóbal, thanks for the positive feedback. Taz, I imagine that most of these rally cars are kept in the garage most of the year and only pulled out a few times on days like these - items of their owners' love and affection, I'm sure. And I just find that lower angle more interesting with most car shots. I also had the advantage of being at the top of the ramp they were coming up to cross over the dam.