Options

Remembering a bad day

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited May 3, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

This happened when hurricane Irma hit Jacksonville in late September, 2017. My wife and I were sitting in the kitchen about 35 feet from this scene when it all happened about 3:00 in the morning. Thankfully, our
two other cars were in the other garage at the other end of the house. Also, we were able to stay in the home while repairs were made. I was super depressed because I had just gotten my VW Golf R back after sending it to Atlanta for some advanced engine and suspension tuning. The total hit on the insurance company for house and cars was close to $200,000. We had it all insured with AAA and they were absolutely great to deal with.

1 )

2 )

3 (

4 )

5 )

6 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Oh wow.....I better call AAA then!!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Oh wow.....I better call AAA then!!

I'm telling you, brother, that whole affair was a nightmare. The one player in the game that I thought would be the one to be a real pain in the butt turned out to be the star of the show.....AAA Insurance. They did everything asked of them, even voluntarily going beyond what I expected. Sadly, the villain in the game was the local building permitting agency. Unbelievable experience in dealing with them. Without all of the gory details, I had to threaten them with court action if they couldn't get their crap together. Thank goodness I have a good grasp on the processes involved in the construction arena. I pity the folks who don't have a good source of guidance and help in dealing with things like this.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Tom, what an ordeal! I'm glad it all worked out ...

• Options

@Juano said:
    Tom, what an ordeal! I'm glad it all worked out ...

Thanks, Cristóbal. I had two other large oak trees close to the house that presented the same chance for disaster in a storm. They both were taken down 3 days later. I love trees.....they virtually cover my entire property.....but I'll never again have one that can reach my house if it comes down. Stay safe, my friend.