A car you've never seen

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited May 7, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

This concept car is a 1955 Flagole Forerunner. The designer is Bill Flagole. He worked at various times with all of the major U.S. car companies. This car had a disappearing top that slid into the hump behind the seats. Some of the styling features of this car appeared in the C1 model Corvettes ( 1953 -1962 ) , particularly the " cove" treatment around the wheels. Front only on the "Vette.

1 )

2 )

Here's how Chevy adapted the " cove " styling treatment to the Corvette

3 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic and indeed unique! #2 seem best!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Yeah, Taz, I agree with you. The second shot, from the different angle, shows the primary body line more effectively. Looking at it that way, you can definitely see a strong resemblance to the body line on the Corvette shown.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Very cool, Tom! You're right - I've never seen this one before!

@moose135 said:
    Very cool, Tom! You're right - I've never seen this one before!

Thanks, John. Usually, these one-off design-exercise cars are pretty interesting. This one was no exception.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

The1955 Flagole Forerunner...what a BEAUTY!

Thanks for taking us to the show and giving us a peek at some rare autos!

Thanks, Al.

I've got a " car " project in mind that I'm seriously considering putting into action. I'd like to establish a facility here in Jax dedicated to staging and photographing cars. These real collector car buffs are always looking for a great portfolio to show off their cars. Some owners are known to ship their cars around the country, seeking the best production they can get. I don't envision myself as being a " shooter " at this facility. I don't have near enough experience in critical lighting and staging to assume that role. But, I have spoken to one of the recognized top professionals in this arena. Under the right set-up, he is willing to relocate to Jax and ramrod the proposed venture. One of his associated ideas is to eventually develop the facility into a learning environment for interested parties. This is, of course, very early on in the deal. But I am going to proceed with the idea until it becomes a " go ' or " no go " situation.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great shots and background info as usual.

Regarding your plan, I think it’s an awesome idea linking two things you love. Go for it!

edited June 9, 2022

@Juano said:
    Great shots and background info as usual.

Regarding your plan, I think it’s an awesome idea linking two things you love. Go for it!

Thanks, my friend, for your comments and encouragement. Putting this deal together is a front-burner project for me. My concept has been expanded to also include significant space to allow for collectors to showcase their cars. Down the road, I can see this venture also supporting a sales operation. I already have the land that would support the photo program. I'll have to buy a larger tract if I decide to accommodate an expanded program that includes a sales operation.