Canadian lighthouse

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited May 19, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

This lighthouse is situated on a rock outcropping at the north end of Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada. It may not see the tides that the Bay of Bundy experiences, but it appears to see tides in the 20-25 foot range.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Beautiful scenery and shot!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Very nice, Tom. Isn't that where FDR spent summers as a kid?

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

You can only see this lighthouse AFTER you smash into the coast! I mean they must have saved lot of money! I have seen, "Wet Floor" signs bigger than that!

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Very nice, Tom! You know, I'm a sucker for a nice light house.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Beautiful scenery and shot!

Thanks, Cristóbal. The scenery around those parts is somewhere beyond stunning.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@Stumblebum said:
    You can only see this lighthouse AFTER you smash into the coast! I mean they must have saved lot of money! I have seen, "Wet Floor" signs bigger than that!

Dang, Taz. You sure have a sharp eye. If I had picked up on those circumstances while there, I would have complained loudly to the Canadian Mounties and then quickly hustled my butt back across the bridge to the U.S.

@moose135 said:
    Very nice, Tom! You know, I'm a sucker for a nice light house.

Thanks, John. I'd have given anything to have been able to get on that outcropping. I imagine the photo ops were endless.

@Cornflake said:
    Very nice, Tom. Isn't that where FDR spent summers as a kid?

It sure is, Don. This is FDR's family estate on the island where he spent a great deal of his youth. I didn't know that he was largely home-schooled and, also, that as a young man he was quite athletically gifted.

From the water

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

I miss The Maritimes!!

The photo ops are endless and the food hummmmmmm.

Tom, thanks for posting some great shots and bringing back some fond memories of times spent in this wonderful part of Canada.

@El Gato said:
    I miss The Maritimes!!

The photo ops are endless and the food hummmmmmm.

Tom, thanks for posting some great shots and bringing back some fond memories of times spent in this wonderful part of Canada.

Boy, Al, you're dead right about the food in that area. I'm glad we stayed very active because my calorie intake was getting out of control.