Place Requests to Moderators Here

1122123124125126128»

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

@kofa : Done

• kofakofa Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

^ You're good. Looks like it got moved over.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • blouieblouie Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins

I have my preferences set to email notify me of posts in threads I've posted. So now I get notified every time some one posts in this thread itself, which I don't want. I don't need to be notified every time some one wants to address the moderators. But if I turn off notifications, then it won't notify me about activity in threads I do want to keep track of. So I'm stuck with having to get email notifications that I really would rather not be getting.

I would suggest being able to set notifications per thread, not just globally.

@blouie said:
    I would suggest being able to set notifications per thread, not just globally.

You can do that by setting your notification preferences to email on bookmarked threads, then click on the little star at the top of the threads you're interested in. It is also easy to remove the bookmark to stop notification for that thread without going into your preference settings.

• blouieblouie Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins

Thanks, Richard.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Pro Nerd, Amateur Photog CanadaPosts: 0 Big grins
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sbphotographystudiosbphotographystudio Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins

Can I get a name change? Our business rebranded so we wanted to reflect the new name change.

@sbphotographystudio said:
    Can I get a name change? Our business rebranded so we wanted to reflect the new name change.

Sure, let me know what you want and I'll change it later today (Friday).

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Can a moderator pls. remove two posts from this thread? After posting the photo didn't show after multiple tries but apperently the problem is now solved.
    Thanks in advance

I also found this sentence in the "rules"
    If you find any such post, you are encouraged to report the offending post to us in the "place request to moderators" thread. Alternatively, you can also let us know by using the 'Report Bad Post' button on the left of each post.

But I can't find the 'Report Bad Post' button and assume that got lost in the transfer to Vanilla Forums, or am I not looking right?

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator

@pegelli said:
    Can a moderator pls. remove two posts from this thread? After posting the photo didn't show after multiple tries but apperently the problem is now solved.
    Thanks in advance

I also found this sentence in the "rules"
    If you find any such post, you are encouraged to report the offending post to us in the "place request to moderators" thread. Alternatively, you can also let us know by using the 'Report Bad Post' button on the left of each post.

But I can't find the 'Report Bad Post' button and assume that got lost in the transfer to Vanilla Forums, or am I not looking right?

On the last line, you'll see a little flag, quotes, etc. Click on the flag and choose report.

Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

@ian408 said:

On the last line, you'll see a little flag, quotes, etc. Click on the flag and choose report.

Thanks!

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Hi Mods, is it just me or does anyone else have EVERY SINGLE PINNED POST showing at the top of "Recent Discussions"? It's been this way since yesterday I think.

Also the display of my personal activity site changed about a month ago - it now displays in a really large table form with a big white band across the middle. I mean, it's not a dealbreaker but I personally find it not exceptionally aesthetically pleasing. :-)

Thanks for the help.

edited March 29, 2023

Hey Sara,
    I've noticed the change in the profile and don't much care for it, but it's not a major problem, IMO.

The other is more serious and I've been in contact with Vanilla support about it. The have acknowledged that it's a bug and maybe, hopefully, someday they'll get around to fixing it. In the meantime, if you change the View setting on the Recent Discussions page from Following to All, the old pinned announcements mostly disappear.

The downside is that you now see activity from Categories that may not interest you (which is why the Following view was my choice). However, these days activity on the forum is so low, that I am finding it less annoying to see posts that I don't care about than to see 30 or 40 announcements before I see anything actually recent. Not ideal, I know, but it's the best I can suggest at the moment.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Whew, thanks Richard - I changed the view to "All" and that did the trick. And I can live with the Profile view, I'm just not in love with it.