Fall impressions (cont.)

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Today I found this completely overexposed pic from last fall in Colorado and worked on it a bit. I think it looks like a Japanese-style painting.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I'm glad you decided to mess with this one, Cristóbal. I think it's a stunning image. Well done, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Many thanks Tom. I was going through my files looking for another picture and saw this completely white thumbnail, opened it, lowered the exposure a lot and saw the origins of this.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

My neurotic aversion to scenes that are slightly tilted gives me problems with this one. But I like the ingredients and the general approach.

More than once I've found that overexposed shots worked well as high-key black and white images.

edited May 30, 2022

Thanks Don. Here's a revised version a bit less tilted perhaps.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Once again, your artistic flare is spot-on.

I believe you are on target with the thought of the similarity to Japanese screen print.

It would be interesting, IMHO, to see this image broken in thirds and displayed as a three-panel image photo.

Enlarged and copied onto fabric, this image could easily be used in making a Shoji Blind.

Well done and very creative.

Interesting idea! Thanks. I will give it a try.