Options

Queen Mary II

SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
edited July 24, 2004 in Landscapes
The Queen Mary was in the port of Rotterdam, Holland today.

6400838-M.jpg

6399677-L.jpg

For a lot of people it was kind of an emotional view; it was docked at the same place as the big boats in the fifties going to New York. After the war a lot of Dutch people left for the US. Listening to the conversations around me i heard a lot of stories about those days.

6399599-M.jpg

6399649-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2004
    She was just here in Newport, RI on July 4th but I didn't get to see her. I think she's supposed to come back in September, I'll definitely try to get down there for that.

The last one is my favorite, a nice way to capture it.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2004
    6399649-M.jpg
    Challenge material. IMHO
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    6399649-S.jpg
    Challenge material. IMHO

Thanks Greaper! I've got some more from today and thinking about which one to enter.. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2004
    SeeMoon,

You've got some great shots there! #2 is my favorite clap.gif
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    She was just here in Newport, RI on July 4th but I didn't get to see her. I think she's supposed to come back in September, I'll definitely try to get down there for that.

The last one is my favorite, a nice way to capture it.

I'm obsessed with reflections these days..where does that come from? mwink.gif
    You should go and see her if you can; she huuuuuge! I've never seen so many camera's as today! :D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:

6399677-S.jpg

6399649-S.jpg

I like the second one. But my favorite is the reflection. It's great! Definitely belongs in the challenge.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I like the second one. But my favorite is the reflection. It's great! Definitely belongs in the challenge.

Thanks Sid an Cletus for your comments!
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 23, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    6399649-M.jpg
    Challenge material. IMHO

Oh No Greaper - Now you have gone and told her how good this shot is!! That will just not do!!Wicked.gif

Lovely image - I really think this is a great shot of the QEII and done in a very original manner as well. But you definitely should NOT enter it in the challenge......... Laughing.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Oh No Greaper - Now you have gone and told her how good this shot is!! That will just not do!!Wicked.gif

Lovely image - I really think this is a great shot of the QEII and done in a very original manner as well. But you definitely should NOT enter it in the challenge......... Laughing.gif

rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the compliment..i guess.. :D
    This shot is the one i liked best from all i have for this challenge anyway.. Not as happy with it as pictures for the other challenges, but still.. Just maybe i'll get another one from that windmill (if i'll have the nerve getting in their yard again :D) but for now i entered this one.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:

For a lot of people it was kind of an emotional view; it was docked at the same place as the big boats in the fifties going to New York. After the war a lot of Dutch people left for the US. Listening to the conversations around me i heard a lot of stories about those days.

I agree, fabulous shot Seemoon.. love the reflection.