Space Available

DeminimusDeminimus Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I really like this shot. The " crowned " shot is also very good. Nice street work.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Very compelling shot, sad and moving.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2022

Hi again,

I wanted to say a couple of things, first thanks for bringing the street forum back to life, it used to be quite active and then went into a deep pause. Having said that, I think you have very good and powerful stuff such as this shot which tells a story and breaks your heart, but you also have some shots that don't really fall into street photography, someone looking directly at the lens flashing a smile without any other context doesn't move me. In my opinion, and what I have learned from others in this forum, street photography should be compelling, and tell a story (or let you imagine one), for example you have one called little dreamer (I think) of a little girl looking at a shop window, it makes you think why did she stop there?, what is she looking at? That's the kind of thing that works for me. Again, welcome to the forum!

• PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Hi again,

I wanted to say a couple of things, first thanks for bringing the street forum back to life, it used to be quite active and then went into a deep pause. Having said that, I think you have very good and powerful stuff such as this shot which tells a story and breaks your heart, but you also have some shots that don't really fall into street photography, someone looking directly at the lens flashing a smile without any other context doesn't move me. In my opinion, and what I have learned from others in this forum, street photography should be compelling, and tell a story (or let you imagine one), for example you have one called little dreamer (I think) of a little girl looking at a shop window, it makes you think why did she stop there?, what is she looking at? That's the kind of thing that works for me. Again, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure which photos you are referring to, but street portraits can be Street Photography.

David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |