Options

Magic in Yellowstone

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I was messing around with some Yellowstone stuff and wanted to show you a very interesting rock formation. The first shot shows some history of the site. The second shot gives a good presentation of the entire site. While preparing to post the pictures, I spilled some of my infamous rust elixir on the closeup I wanted to use.

1 )

2 )

This what happened when the elixir got loose on the closeup.

3 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Elixir is good! Cheers Tom!

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Interesting and enjoyable, Tom.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Elixir is good! Cheers Tom!

It's good to hear from you, my friend. You've been a little scarce lately. I might have to start guarding that elixir. It can wreak havoc if left unchecked.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

@Cornflake said:
    Interesting and enjoyable, Tom.

Thanks, Don. I'd never seen a rock formation anything like that one. I suspect some sort of Shoshone spirit set in on me and I got a little enthusiastic on the closeup.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Cool

• Options

Thanks, Cristóbal. I'm glad you folks on the forum tolerate my idiosyncrasies.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,178 moderator

I like that you got the "before" and "after" shots of the cliff. What I mean is the before the sheep and then the after the cliff ate the sheep.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2022

@David_S85 said:
    I like that you got the "before" and "after" shots of the cliff. What I mean is the before the sheep and then the after the cliff ate the sheep.

LOL. Thanks for clearing that issue up. I was never sure what actually happened. Obviously, the cliff didn't digest the sheep very well.....there's lots of evidence pointing to gastric distress.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,178 moderator

Poor poor sheep. :'(

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins

Cool shots, Tom. Love that rust elixir but also enjojed seeing the rock formation as is.

• Options

@sarasphotos said:
    Cool shots, Tom. Love that rust elixir but also enjojed seeing the rock formation as is.

Thanks, Sara. I had tried to book time in Yellowstone for early last month.....couldn't get the times I needed. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise considering all the damage the weather inflicted to the park. Hopefully, I can get back there next year. That ride from the northern part of the park over to Red Lodge, Montana, via the Bear Tooth Hwy. is worth the cost of the trip by itself. Take care, my friend.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice work, Tom.

The elixir does the job....a very artistic image! Thanks too, for the back story on the cliff, interesting and adds to the image presentation.

• Options
    edited July 6, 2022

@El Gato said:
    Nice work, Tom.

The elixir does the job....a very artistic image! Thanks too, for the back story on the cliff, interesting and adds to the image presentation.

Thanks for the visit, Al. I hope you're doing well. The stone cliff is located in that part of the park that received the most damage.....I hope it faired well.

On my last trip to Yellowstone, I was doing some early morning shooting in Gardiner, Montana, which is only a few miles from the park's northern entry. I happened to break a piece on my tripod that essentially rendered it inoperable. The only place that was open at that early hour was a fly fishing shop. I stuck my head in the door and was greeted by the owner, Richard Parks. I explained my issue. He said to bring my tripod in and he would see if he could help fix it. With some strong-ass glue and a small metal piece, he got me operable again. And the guy wouldn't accept any payment for his efforts.

I was reading a story in the paper about all the misery facing Gardiner and it's businesses. Mr. Parks was quoted extensively in that article. The paper article listed a fund that had been established to help the community. My wife and I got a contribution off to the fund immediately. Mr. Parks saved my fanny that day. I'll never forget him.