Macro walk assortment

DeepWoodsDeepWoods Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins

Ommatius - Robber Fly

Wavy-lined Emerald Synchlora aerata larva

Insect Destroyers Entomophthorales
Shown in photo is an infected Homalodisca vitripennis - Glassy-winged Sharpshooter
Most species of the Entomophthorales produce ballistic asexual spores that are forcibly discharged. When not landing on a suitable host, these spores can germinate to make one of several alternate spore forms, including a smaller version of the original spore, or (in some species) an adhesive spore elevated on a very slender conidiophore called a capilliconidiophore. (ref: https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/55115-Entomophthorales)

Golden Tortoise Beetle Charidotella sexpunctata

Colourful Comb-footed Spider Parasteatoda with prey

Comments

• spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

Wow you captured some very sweet photos here, very sharp and detailed. I have some very strange creatures that I photographed a while back and will post them later on when im home. I have no idea what they are , perhaps you might know if you see them. Great perspective on your shots as well. Gotta love macro. Regards…Mike.

• DeepWoodsDeepWoods Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins

@spanky117ab said:
    Wow you captured some very sweet photos here, very sharp and detailed. I have some very strange creatures that I photographed a while back and will post them later on when im home. I have no idea what they are , perhaps you might know if you see them. Great perspective on your shots as well. Gotta love macro. Regards…Mike.

Thank you!! I may know some or can help you learn what they are.
    You could have a look at https://www.inaturalist.org/ and post your insect images there to get identification help and it helps science collect data on all the different species. You can be a citizen scientist and enjoy your macro photography too.

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins

Nice assortment of shots

Brian v.

• DeepWoodsDeepWoods Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins

@Lord Vetinari said:
    Nice assortment of shots

Brian v.

Thanks