How to install a Cover Image

gowheelergowheeler Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
edited August 8, 2022 in SmugMug Support
I have uploaded and tried to install a Gallery Cover Image by using: Organize>Select a Gallery>Settings>Appearance>Gallery Style. Then I selected Collage Portrait style & toggled the Gallery Cover Image option to ON. But I cannot figure out how to get my 1820x600px cover image to appear atop the gallery page. (It behaves like any other image, and I don't know how to place it across the top of the page.) Also, how can I place a Cover Image on my Home Page? See an example at: https://duerksen.smugmug.com/ There's apparently a way, but I'm new and cannot figure out how. Thanks for helping!

Comments

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

You can choose a photo for a cover photo in at the top of the gallery by following these steps.

Go to the gallery > settings > appearance > select gallery cover image > click to choose the image > select it > hit done > save

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gowheelergowheeler Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins

Sorry, I'm struggling to install an image on my HOME page, that I've uploaded into my "Cover Images". I have it showing in the "Edit My Profile" menu, and have saved that, but the image doesn't show up in my "Turbo" template (So my question is nor really for a gallery page.) Thanks kindly for guidance.

I can go to Gallery > Settings > Appearance and select gallery cover image. At that point it say "selected". However, at that point there is no place to hit "done" > save. I should mention that above the thumbnail of my cover image, a note says: "Unlisted". I don't know the significance of that, and stalled because once I've got the image "Selected" there's no place to hit "done" and then "save". Thanks for your help.

You can see from attached screen shot, that I've selected a cover image for my Turbo template site. (It is 1985x994 pixels at 150 dpi.) The problem is, at this point, I am stalled because I cannot see anyplace to "hit done > save" as you've instructed.

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

Can you please email us at help@smugmug.com so we can take a look at your site and he settings you have site to figure out why things are not working for you?

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero

I figured out how to do it. I have email you. Thanks tons! G.W.