Flying things

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Some shots don't break any new ground but they're fun to take. That'll do.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Lovely Don! Especially second! Bit cold tones. Cheers

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited August 15, 2022

Such lush and colorful subjects and scenes!

Illinois has been pretty dreary the last couple of days, but your images give me hope for a better tomorrow. 🖒😁

Photography is so much a wonderful, persistent window into others' reality. Thanks for sharing!

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice work, Don. That #2 is a wall hanger.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wow...

These took time and patience. Great colors and subject, tie everything together.

The first image I can definitely see blown up very large and gracing the lobby of a hotel or even law office. Colorful and artistic. A little tighter crop on the upper part of the image an its printable. Your copyright is embedded in the metadata...right?!

I like image number 2, (a) for the technical aspects and (b) simply the subject. Getting these little guys to pose for a photograph is often darn difficult. You got this one. Warming it up may be OK, however, I fear that in doing so, the bird's natural coloring might also be altered. In post, you might create a few layers, mask the bird and warm the individual layers without it effecting the bird. Just a thought.

I recognize the butterfly. Can you please tell us the name of the bird? Don't think he/she calls my neck of the woods, home.

Well done, Don.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2022

Taz, ziggy, Tom, Gato, thanks. :) The second shot had a green color cast, probably due to reflected light from all the surrounding foliage. I got rid of that but the comments seem correct--the result is a bit cool. Maybe I'll tinker with it.

The bird is a feral lovebird. They're an African species. Many people keep them as pets. Years back, enough escaped into the wild to form a breeding population. They seem to like it here. We don't see them a lot for most of the year but whenever sunflowers are blooming, they gather. I love 'em.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks, Don for the species ID, much appreciated!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Wow! Great job on both of those.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Gato, you're welcome. David, thank you.