Wasp with Huge Appetite!

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,376 Major grins

When our cat kills a bird or rodent, and doesn’t eat it, I put the body on our garage roof, from which it disappears with an hour or two probably take by a Red Kite. This was the second shrew of the day.

I was interested in the fur colour but when I, literally, put my head up over the parapet, I saw ths wasp, which stayed for only two shots.

Harold

Comments

• spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

What a cool shot Harold, a once in a lifetime moment for sure. The top photo makes it look like the wasp wrestled it to the ground and is about to fly away with it. :D

• e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,376 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2022

@spanky117ab said:
    What a cool shot Harold, a once in a lifetime moment for sure. The top photo makes it look like the wasp wrestled it to the ground and is about to fly away with it. :D

So it does, a wrist-lock for sure. Well, it did disappear and we don't know what really happened...

Thanks.

Harold

• Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins

That's as unusual a shot of a wasp as I've ever seen!

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

@spanky117ab said:

An opportune moment for the wasp when his/her wasp friends were nearby. "Hey guys, look what I just killed! I am the best! Don't mess with me!"

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky