Options

"Best of"?

askohenaskohen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 15, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi. Just wondering the best way to create a "Favorites" or "Best of" gallery. Do you think it's better to just copy the best pictures from other galleries to a new gallery called "Best of?" ..or move them. I think it gets confusing to have multiple copies of the same picture up. But then again, it's nice to see the hero shots in context with other shots taken at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2005
    I make copies
    askohen wrote:
    Hi. Just wondering the best way to create a "Favorites" or "Best of" gallery. Do you think it's better to just copy the best pictures from other galleries to a new gallery called "Best of?" ..or move them. I think it gets confusing to have multiple copies of the same picture up. But then again, it's nice to see the hero shots in context with other shots taken at the same time.
    It depends on your audience and what you are trying to accomplish. I create "best of" sub-galleries all the time with copies of the images. That way the image gets to live in both it's main categorization and in the "best of" location. If smugmug every implements anything like "virtual galleries" based on keywords that have been discussed here from time to time, that would be an even better way to do "best of" galleries in the future without having to manually make copies.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question