Remove "buy multiple photos" button

funk_shuifunk_shui Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

Hello!

I feel like I've tried everything to remove the "buy multiple photos" button from the lightbox. It makes it confusing when there's a gallery attached to photo packages, because "buy multiple photos" and "buy photo package" are stacked on top of each other but obviously mean two completely different things. If there's anyone who's been successful with this or knows what to do, please pass it along!

button.sm-button.sm-button-size-huge.sm-button-skin-default.sm-com-lb-batch-add-button

When I delete the above in "inspect elements" it takes care of the job. But when I put it in with css and try to hide or remove, nothing happens.

Hope someone knows! Thank you!

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

You generally need to add .sm-user-ui to anything in your Custom CSS.

Untested...

.sm-user-ui button.sm-button.sm-button-size-huge.sm-button-skin-default.sm-com-lb-batch-add-button {
       display: none;
    }

• funk_shuifunk_shui Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2022

Thanks, Mike! I'm still not having any luck, unfortunately. I'm including a screenshot of where I'm working from. I feel like I've tried every which way to write it out correctly, using more & less than what's written above. I know that if I fully delete the highlighted element straight from the console, it disappears from the Lightbox exactly as I want it. But I've had trouble in the process of making the change permanent. I know (or think) it requires saving and re-uploading all that coding, but I haven't found a tutorial that works from a console exactly as mine, so I inevitably get thrown off at a step.

My eyes are really crossing at this one! All other edits I've made on the lightbox are working, but this button has some secret sauce that I can't find.

I don't use photo packages, so can you please post your site or gallery, thanks.

edited September 5, 2022

You have some HTML and incorrect formatted CSS in your Custom CSS that is preventing your CSS to work. This will work once you remove the HTML and incorrect CSS.

/* Removes "Buy Multiple Photo" Button */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-com-lb-batch-add-button {
    }

I tried to clean up your Custom CSS and added the "Remove Buy Multiple Photo" CSS:

/****** BEGIN NAV BAR FORMATTING ******/
    .sm-page-widget-nav-sidelink a {
      position: fixed;
    }

.sm-page-widget-nav-sidelink a {
      font-family: Darker Grotesque;
      font-size: 18px;
      font-weight: 300px;
    }

.sm-page-widget-nav-toplink a :hover, 
    .sm-page-widget-nav-toplink a:hover {
      color: #c0c0c0!important;
    }

/* Make the menu nav bar text for the active page a different color */
    .sm-page-widget-nav-activepage > a {
      color: #c0c0c0!important;
      font-weight: 400;
    }
    /****** END NAV BAR FORMATTING ******/

/* remove powered by smugmug */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-powered-by a {
    }

/*****hide gallery title on gallery page****/
    .sm-gallery-cover-title { display: none !important; }

/* Remove the "Add to Cart" Button */
    .sm-gallery-buymenu .sm-button.sm-button-size-small.sm-button-skin-accent.sm-gallery-buy-icon {
    }

/*remove FROM GALLERY in lightbox*/
    .sm-lightbox-v2-sidebar-content .sm-image-metadata-attribution {
    }

/*remove fullscreen in lightbox*/
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2 .sm-button.sm-button-skin-default.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_fullscreen_button"] {display: none;}
    .sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-v2 .sm-button.sm-button-skin-default.sm-button-nochrome[data-elem-id="lightbox_close_button"] {display: none;}

.sm-lightbox-v2-widget-social-links {
      size: 50% !important;
    }

.sm-page-widget-social-links a:hover{
        color: #FFFFFF !important;
    }    

/* Removes "Buy Multiple Photo" Button */
    .sm-user-ui .sm-com-lb-batch-add-button {
    }

• funk_shuifunk_shui Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins

THANK YOU MIKE! Wow, I'll try this on!

I've been at this for about a year trying to integrate my smugmug and squarespace sites. I've managed to keep the "lightbox checkout" experience appear as integrated with the squarespace site as possible, where not even a new tab has to open to reach the lightbox and view cart, etc., so I know its a total mess in the coding as things moved forward and new needs come to light or things have to be reverted, etc. I so appreciate the time you took. I'll start replacing the old with what you posted here but just wanted to get in a thank you first!