Shooting flowers.....a rarity for me

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited September 28, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

I just don't shoot many flower subjects....never been very good at it. However, I'm around gorgeous plants a lot. So here are the results of my singular annual excursion in to the plant world.

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice, I think that #1 and #4 are the nicest.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Thanks, buddy. It's hard to argue with your preferences.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Well done. I particularly like the color combination in the fourth one.

@Cornflake said:
    Well done. I particularly like the color combination in the fourth one.

Thanks, Don. There was quite a large area devoted to the plants in #4. When you first come to that area, which is essentially out of view before, the colors almost overwhelm you.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

This is excellent work Tom! Bravo!

edited October 5, 2022

@Stumblebum said:
    This is excellent work Tom! Bravo!

Many thanks, my friend. I can't begin to tell you how many tweaks I've made to my photography techniques over the years based upon your observations and helpful comments....to all readers. I'm a much improved shooter these days and I'll be forever thankful that you cared to share your time and info......and not just to me but to the entire forum. There's not a member of our group who hasn't benefited from your participation.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Great work Tom....stepping out of your comfort zone.

I like the first image the best MHO, the combination of the simplicity and the colors come together perfectly and make for a very nice image. Sharp, crisp, beautiful.

Well done.

Thanks, Al. What have you been up to? You haven't found any targets for your B&W magic? You're the one who principally piqued my interest in pursuing B&W more ardently when the right opportunity arises. I'm grateful to you, brother.