Bar Harbor ( Ba Haba ) Maine waterfront

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wonderful day at sweet spot! I like third a lot!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2022

Thanks, buddy. I really enjoyed Bar Harbor. It's touristy.....super crowded....but great food and fantastic scenery. The nearby Acadia National Park offers some of the most beautiful shoreline images you can imagine.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

That very last shoreline one is great!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited October 11, 2022

My wife and I visited Acadia almost two years ago. She loved the place. It was one day after a hurricane had slammed the coast when we arrived, so the lighthouse photos we took were rather stormy, which is what one wants in lighthouse photography, so we got lucky in that regard. I was part of the Dgrin/Smugmug Shootout at Acadia a decade earlier, and used that knowledge to navigate our scenic options for the week. Sadly we didn't spend any time in Bar Harbor since all the parking around there required their own parking app, and we only had basic cell phones at the time. 12 years ago, it was real charming, and I'll bet it still is. I wonder if that great breakfast restaurant is still there on Cottage?

It is hard not to get good landscapes there. The very rocky coastline helps a lot with that. I've got four galleries of Acadia up at my SM.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@Juano said:
    That very last shoreline one is great!

Thanks, Cristóbal. Scenes like that one were everywhere. I've seldom been to any area that offered such a rich range of photo ops.

@David_S85 said:
    My wife and I visited Acadia almost two years ago. She loved the place. It was one day after a hurricane had slammed the coast when we arrived, so the lighthouse photos we took were rather stormy, which is what one wants in lighthouse photography, so we got lucky in that regard. I was part of the Dgrin/Smugmug Shootout at Acadia a decade earlier, and used that knowledge to navigate our scenic options for the week. Sadly we didn't spend any time in Bar Harbor since all the parking around there required their own parking app, and we only had basic cell phones at the time. 12 years ago, it was real charming, and I'll bet it still is. I wonder if that great breakfast restaurant is still there on Cottage?

It is hard not to get good landscapes there. The very rocky coastline helps a lot with that. I've got four galleries of Acadia up at my SM.

Good to hear from you, David. I had expected some great shooting opportunities while there but nothing like what I found. I was real lucky that the place I was staying at could accommodate me and I extended my stay another day. That's a place I'll return to.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I've never been there but these shots make me want to go. Good work.

edited October 13, 2022

Thanks, Don. I hope you make it there one day. It's worth the effort to make it happen. The photo ops are endless. There's a stunning lighthouse perched on a cliff that's very accessible by car. Throughout the area are many, many scenes and features that portray the life and times of those who chased, and still chase, the bounties of the sea. It's just a wonderful experience.

If you look to the right of the darkened doorway and a little below the yellow/green sign, you'll see a copper container with a large handle and a long spout. I bought that and a couple of smaller items and had them shipped home.

Last one is fun but shoreline image is STUNNING! Bravo Tom!

Thank you, my friend. When shooting the shorelines, I kept thinking of the eons of time it took to form such spectacular scenes.

@black mamba said:
    Thank you, my friend. When shooting the shorelines, I kept thinking of the eons of time it took to form such spectacular scenes.

Great point Tom! Yeah, this shoreline has probably been there for billions of years. Mortality is bit more conspicuous these days so point hits home.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Great images Tom.

Brings back memories of a visit to Acadia,. Smack in the middle of leaf-peeping season, Stunning and amazing colors. The shoreline, as you have demonstrated cannot be beat for some wonderful images.

Thanks for posting these.