Kindred Spirits.

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited October 19, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

I shot this barn last year. I like this newer rendering better. It more effectively connects the commonality of scene elements; a hillside full of souls who have passed on and a collapsing barn eager to join them.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Interesting shot and contrast.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2022

Thanks. This old barn is in much worse shape than this view shows. The right rear quadrant has collapsed.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I like the juxtaposition of the graves and the barn, Tom.

Thanks for the comment, Don. Sometimes, I'm not sure that a posting of mine is interpreted along the lines of my intent. You made my day with your observation.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

"Sometimes, I'm not sure that a posting of mine is interpreted along the lines of my intent. " That certainly happens. Years ago I was a singer-songwriter. More than once I had someone from the audience come up afterwards and talk about how a song had really nailed some subject. That subject wasn't what I'd been writing about at all but I would just say thanks.

edited October 23, 2022

@Cornflake said:
    "Sometimes, I'm not sure that a posting of mine is interpreted along the lines of my intent. " That certainly happens. Years ago I was a singer-songwriter. More than once I had someone from the audience come up afterwards and talk about how a song had really nailed some subject. That subject wasn't what I'd been writing about at all but I would just say thanks.

And a big AMEN to that.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Yeah recall this spot from last year. This is wonderful framing!

@Stumblebum said:
    Yeah recall this spot from last year. This is wonderful framing!

Thanks, brother.