Additional Acadia Shorelines

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited October 23, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

1 ) This is from atop Cadillac Mountain ( composed entirely of pink granite ) looking down on the town of Bar Harbor. Though entirely surrounded by it, the town is not part of Acadia N.P.

2 )

3 ) My wife consented to provide some scale.......these rocks are seriously big

4 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

First one is such calming blue and greens are also vere peaceful!
    For second one the dark and light transition and balance is wonderful too!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited October 23, 2022

Looks like you were at Schoodic point there in most of those ( 2, 3 and 4). Beautiful, no matter which direction one is looking. Cadillac Mtn. was an open point of interest the last coule of times we were there. If they haven't already, they were talking about only allowing a certain number of people up there per hour each day, and with a reservation system. Did they ever end up enacting that plan? Oh, and just a point of correction... Acadia, and not Arcadia.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    First one is such calming blue and greens are also vere peaceful!
    For second one the dark and light transition and balance is wonderful too!

It was interesting, Taz. While there, I could feel the power and contest between the waters and the rocks. Yet there was also a peacefulness to the entire episode at the shoreline. Perhaps a Beauty and the Beast comparison is appropriate?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited October 23, 2022

@David_S85 said:
    Looks like you were at Schoodic point there in most of those ( 2, 3 and 4). Beautiful, no matter which direction one is looking. Cadillac Mtn. was an open point of interest the last coule of times we were there. If they haven't already, they were talking about only allowing a certain number of people up there per hour each day, and with a reservation system. Did they ever end up enacting that plan? Oh, and just a point of correction... Acadia, and not Arcadia.

I suppose that you are right, David, about the location of the shoreline shots. There so many " points " listed on the maps....I was never sure exactly where we were. There were other areas of stunning shorelines that we focused on as well, but honestly, after a while the scenes do get repetitive . We didn't experience any restrictions to going up the mountain....just drove right up....and it wasn't very crowded. Thanks for pointing out the misspell of Acadia....I wasn't paying attention.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited October 24, 2022

Whoops! Schooner , not Schoodic (maybe I need to go back once more to help remember the names correctly). And looking at your photos again, I more think you were just north of Thunder Hole on the Ocean Path. It is a popular laying out in the sun spot for a picnik. Yes, the place is a whirlwind of scenes. I was with a big (30+) group the first time (2009) and plans were kinda scattered and quick decisioned, so I had little idea where and what exactly we were seeing and shooting. Ten years later I had much more time to digest it all and after researching to caption my earlier photos, I finally had a firmer grasp of the geography the second time around. Makes me want to re-visit most all of my one-time adventures to get way more out of them. I'm so happy for you that you were able to visit one of our more amazing smaller national parks.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Somehow I missed this one until now. Beautiful area. It reminds me of Nova Scotia which we loved.

@Cornflake said:
    Somehow I missed this one until now. Beautiful area. It reminds me of Nova Scotia which we loved.

I've got Nova Scotia on my radar. So many places to go and not enough time to get to all of them.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

Acadia is beautiful...however, you won't be able to stop your head from turning or drive more than 10 miles a day when you get to the Maritimes.

Fantastic scenery and a postcard shot at almost every turn.

Heading further East, we spent a week driving all the way around Newfoundland (St. John's to Rose Blanche-Harbour le Cou). A trip up to Gros Morne National Park is a must see, fantastic National Park!

An amazing location and a mariner/seascape/photographer's dream locale. Hope you tick the Maritimes and Newfoundland off that list soon.