Mini Challenge 343 Black and White Up Close RESULTS

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

I want to thank all who participated. Glad we had some new participants too. Here are the results:

@grandmaR Of your entries, I like number 1 Selfie in the bottom of a stainless steel sink the most. That sink was spotless! Although I also really like your non entry of the dentist light. Kudos!

@pegelli A nice collection of black and white images. My favorite of the 3 you entered is 2: Km. marker along the river Mosel .

@Cavalier I absolutely love the 3) Rose is a rose, treatment with more of a sepia tone, but not sure that it qualifies completely as a black and white. However, your 1) Maternity shoot - folded hands with baby booties. is adorable and would be my favorite of your entries.

@spanky117ab All 3 of your entries are intriguing, with my favorite being the Mosquito up close and personal, Kudos!

@TonyCooper 3 awesome entries! It was hard to choose which one I liked the most! But maybe it's because I own chickens that I choose Eggstremely dirty hands as my favorite this round. Kudos!

@sapphire73 Thanks for dropping in and participating, even though not for the judging round. I like both your images but the Night Blooming Cereus tops the bighorn sheep this time around. I use to own one of those plants. It would bloom once a year and only at night. Wasn't a very pretty plant, but the blooms were so sweet smelling and would be totally faded out by morning. Had to get up about 1 am to take great pictures of them.

The winners are:

3rd Place - @Cavalier (congrats Jo!)
Maternity shoot - folded hands with baby booties.

2nd Place - @TonyCooper (Congrats Tony!)
Eggstremely dirty hands

1rst Place - @spanky117ab (Congrats Mike! Now it's your turn to start a new mini! Let me know if you need help)
Mosquito up close and personal

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Fun mini, Joyce. Thanks for the 3rd place nod and congratulations to Tony and Mike for some excellent work. Looking forward to the next Mini Challenge!

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited November 3, 2022

@Joyce, thank you for running this fun mini-challenge! As always, I enjoyed seeing the various entries. Congratulations to Mike, Tony and Jo on your entries!

Joyce, I photographed this night blooming cereus at a friend's house but we now have one living on our deck each summer! One of our sons teaches biology and physics in a nearby high school and brings his large collection of plants to our deck in the summer time.

• spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

Wow I sure didn't see that coming, what a great birthday present this is, so many great entrees. Thank you all for the votes. I will try my best to come up with the next challenge. Congrats to 2nd and 3rd place winners, you photos are fantastic as were all the others who entered. Regards....Mike

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

Thank you for running the mini, The sink was in the bathroom on a Disney cruise. And congratulations to the well deserved winners

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Thanks for a well run mini and the comments Joyce, that makes these informal challenges a real joy, and I'm also happy we've attracted a few new participants.

Congrats @spanky117ab with a well deserved win, great macro of a not so great insect. Also congrats to @TonyCooper and @Cavalier for 2nd and 3rd place, well deserved in a strong field of submissions!

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins

Yes, thanks to Joyce for coming up with an interesting and challenging theme.

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/