I'm Absolutely Speechless

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited November 6, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

While out on some twisty mountain roads, I abruptly came up on this place. This series starts on the left side of the scene and works it way to the right. As it was deep in the forest, the very mottled light was a bit of a pain to deal with, but added a little to the aura that was present.

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

7 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Oh wow...

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2022

I stopped in a little town not too far from this scene for some snacks and I asked the store's clerk if he was aware of this place. He responded...." Yea, that's our mayor's place. He can be a little weird sometimes ".

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Oh my goodness - that is QUITE something!

edited November 7, 2022

It's good to hear from you, Sara. I hope you are doing well.

It seems like every other display of this nature has at least a couple of skeletons involved. But this display took the theme to an extreme height. Every time I tried to get a count of the skeletons, I would discover one I hadn't seen before. There were, at a minimum, 50 skeletons involved including children skeletons and even pet skeletons. If you let your imagination run loose as I did, it could be a little spooky.

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Neat find, Tom!

edited November 8, 2022

@moose135 said:
    Neat find, Tom!

Hey, John. It is certainly one of the most unusual sights that I've seen .The amount of time and effort to structure such a display had to be immense.

Sadly, my lasting impression of the entirety of the whole thing is a very negative one. Negativity permeates every piece of the " fabric " that holds the whole thing together. Scenes of brutality and murder ( see #6 ) take it to an unacceptable level for many folks. Frankly, I wouldn't let children of certain age groups see this. Perhaps, though, I'm just exposing a viewpoint of an old, out-of-touch, curmudgeon....myself.

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins

Some weird stuff back in them hollers!

"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com

@redleash said:
    Some weird stuff back in them hollers!

Golly, Lady, what have you been up too. Long time, no see. You're absolutely right about what lurks in those hollers. This skeleton jamboree, no doubt, is by far the most weird scene I've ever happened upon. I'll give the old mayor his due. A lot of imagination and effort went into this display.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Great shots Tom...creepy yes but, gotta have a hobby right?

I'm just thinking about the UPS/FedEx/USPS folks who have to deliver these skeletons....and it appears on a regular basis too.

Keep 'em coming...you discover some of the most interesting places, resulting in great shots, during your mountain forays!

@El Gato said:
    Great shots Tom...creepy yes but, gotta have a hobby right?

I'm just thinking about the UPS/FedEx/USPS folks who have to deliver these skeletons....and it appears on a regular basis too.

Keep 'em coming...you discover some of the most interesting places, resulting in great shots, during your mountain forays!

Thanks, Al. My wife thinks that my penchant for finding this kind of stuff is a reflection of some suppressed desire I have to mingle with the dead. Can you imagine that ? I thought I knew this gal. I accused her of using her taro cards to lead me to such debased environments. That's my story and I'm sticking to it..

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great captures Tom! This deserves a whole new B&W set with spookiness being the goal. This is begging for it!

You know, Taz, I thought about initially posting this scene in B&W. With your encouragement, I think I'll give that approach a go. If it turns out OK, I'll re-post the set.. As usual, I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions,