New barn shots

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

This big old farmhouse has been totally abandoned. Looks like some paint work on some of the front was done in the last several years but apparently nothing else. The roof and a lot of the back of the house is in terrible condition.

6 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice work Tom. My favorite from a composition point of view is 4.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Nice work Tom. My favorite from a composition point of view is 4.

Thanks, Cristóbal. In shooting this stuff, I'm often limited by access position, desire to leave certain elements from view, or other issues. #4 is a case where where I had latitude to choose a shooting position that let me work with a greater consideration for overall composition. As always, I appreciate your take on things.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Nice set. 3, 4 and 6 for the win. That house in 6 would be interesting to poke around in, not that I am suggesting doing that. I'm glad that you included the row of fencing in 3 to give it depth and scale.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@David_S85 said:
    Nice set. 3, 4 and 6 for the win. That house in 6 would be interesting to poke around in, not that I am suggesting doing that. I'm glad that you included the row of fencing in 3 to give it depth and scale.

Thanks for your comments, David. There are times when I feel free to wander around the target. I made a quick trip around the old farmhouse but, noticing an interest shown in my presence by some folks near-by, I decided it was best to move on.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

All great shots Tom.

So very interesting, the history of these structures. What stories they could tell!

Number 4 is of particular interest...colors and the distinctive "tree." I have seen many barn hex signs and barn quilt signs but, none like this before. It would be interesting to learn its meaning or symbolism.... or significance to the owner.

Thanks again for preserving mountain history and rural Americana in digital images!

@El Gato said:
    All great shots Tom.

So very interesting, the history of these structures. What stories they could tell!

Number 4 is of particular interest...colors and the distinctive "tree." I have seen many barn hex signs and barn quilt signs but, none like this before. It would be interesting to learn its meaning or symbolism.... or significance to the owner.

Thanks again for preserving mountain history and rural Americana in digital images!

This barn is located in the heart of a huge area devoted to the growing of Christmas trees. Perhaps that accounts for the image of such a tree on the barn. I wouldn't bet a lot of money on that assumption, however.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

The 4th one rocks and last one is good too!

Thanks, Taz. I hope you are doing well.