Options

A Way to Show the 12 Most Recent Images from a Particular Gallery and then a click to "see more"

js0js0 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
As per the title, I'm looking for a way to show case some select images from a a gallery as a teaser or examples, and a way for the visitor to then go to the image in its gallery/lightbox if they click on the image, and/or maybe a "see more" button to visit the gallery itself.

I've tried the various "multiple photo" options, but neither "scroll" nor "click" allow me to limit the gallery display to just those select images. If I set it to "click" and set a limited number of images (e.g., "Custom", 12), it's *almost* there. But then clicking "more" just fills up the current page with more images from the gallery rather than taking you to the gallery itsellf.

"Carousel" would be nice if there was a way to actually click on the image or the widget itself to do some navigation.

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

I'm not exactly sure what you want or where you have been. If you use a "Multiple photos" content block with the the the "Select From" option set to "Photos I Choose" and "Action on Click" set to "Lightbox", you show just your selected pictures. When the user clicks on one of them, that picture shows in the lightbox and lightbox navigation is limited to just those selected pictures. To provide a way for the user to get to the whole gallery, below the Multiple Photos block you could insert a button with text like "Go to Gallery" and links to the gallery in question. (If you haven't run across it, the "Button" content block is listed under "Navigation" on the Customizer side bar.) Would that meet what you are looking for?

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2022
    > @Jtring said:
    > I'm not exactly sure what you want or where you have been. If you use a "Multiple photos" content block with the the the "Select From" option set to "Photos I Choose" and "Action on Click" set to "Lightbox", you show just your selected pictures. When the user clicks on one of them, that picture shows in the lightbox and lightbox navigation is limited to just those selected pictures. To provide a way for the user to get to the whole gallery, below the Multiple Photos block you could insert a button with text like "Go to Gallery" and links to the gallery in question. (If you haven't run across it, the "Button" content block is listed under "Navigation" on the Customizer side bar.) Would that meet what you are looking for?

Hi Jim,

Thanks!

That's exactly the functionality.

However, instead of manually selecting the photos, I would like it just to just show the first "N" images automatically (based on sort order). So that way, as I continue to upload images, I do not have to keep updating the "Photos I Choose".

(Above, I was describing a "clipped" version of "Multiple photos" from a "Gallery [I choose]", where instead of showing more of the gallery when you click "more", you get taken to the full gallery page. This would in a similar way)
  • Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

You can ask Smugmug for that automated capability, but as far as I know they don't have it now.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Thanks! Will do so.