Harvest Time

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Timing, as they say is everything. Light, colors, subject, sky, all seem to come together as I took this shot.

A crisp fall day, cruising back roads and blue highways, stopping at family roadside stands, apple cider and apple/cinnamon donuts....can't ask for a better time.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

The photo gods must have heard your prayers. Fantastic shot.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

I've seen a puzzle that looked almost exactly like this.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    The photo gods must have heard your prayers. Fantastic shot.

Tom.....

Some prayers do indeed get answered. I could not have asked for everything to come together at one time, as they did for this shot. Sometimes we are in the right place at the right time...and get lucky.

Thanks for your comment.

@David_S85 said:
    I've seen a puzzle that looked almost exactly like this.

David....

If you ever come across that puzzle, please let me know, would love to see it and compare images. As I commented to Tom, right place, right time....a whole lot of luck.

BTW, this was taken in the southwestern part of IL, about 50 miles East of the Mississippi River.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited November 30, 2022

Here's one we made at a resort a while ago. While searching for the artist who originally painted it, I came across something very much like your shot.

Puzzle

The missing piece proved to be inconsequential

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great shot. I like the lines created by the clouds, the truck. Everything really, superb.

@David_S85 said:
    Here's one we made at a resort a while ago. While searching for the artist who originally painted it, I came across something very much like your shot.

Puzzle

The missing piece proved to be inconsequential

David....

Thank you for your effort in searching this one out and finding the puzzle. I believe that one of the post-processing tools (it may even be PS) can create a puzzle-like "finish" in post-processing or as a selected filter type. I will have to look around and see if I can find the tool/application and have a go at making a "photo-puzzle."

Thanks again, David.

@Juano said:
    Great shot. I like the lines created by the clouds, the truck. Everything really, superb.

Cristóbal....

Given the fantastic work, which you have created and shown us time and time again, your assessment and comments mean a lot to me. Thank you.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Epic shot Gato!

@Stumblebum said:
    Epic shot Gato!

Taz....

I appreciate your comment. Thank you!!