Trip to Nazca, Peru + edits

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited December 2, 2022 in Other Cool Shots

We flew over the iconic Nazca lines...

And then we climbed the highest sand dune int he world (over 2000 m above sea level)

And explored a vicuña reserve at 4000 m above sea level

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2022

Amazing captures Cristobal. Below is my feedback:

Number2 - is print worthy
    Number4 - is fantastic and so balanced and brilliant composed and all the layers! I can see this one hanging somewhere as well.
    Number7 - might be best except it is NOT YOUR FAULT but it has 5 layers starting from foreground and last-one being the blue sky layer. The layer just below the sky is hazy which can be great at times, but it is just too muddy for me in this case.
    Number9 - Stunning but IMHO must lose 1 inch or so from top. The horizontal line at the top is ruining edge. Crop will make it an poster!

Cheers Mate!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2022

Great work, Cristóbal. That Nazca area has long been of key interest to me....as I firmly believe in the whole alien life phenomena thing. I look at #5 and #7 and all I can think of is grabbing my beach boogie-board and going for the ride of my life down the side of that dune. Thanks for sharing this work, my friend.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Amazing captures Cristobal. Below is my feedback:

Number2 - is print worthy
    Number4 - is fantastic and so balanced and brilliant composed and all the layers! I can see this one hanging somewhere as well.
    Number7 - might be best except it is NOT YOUR FAULT but it has 5 layers starting from foreground and last-one being the blue sky layer. The layer just below the sky is hazy which can be great at times, but it is just too muddy for me in this case.
    Number9 - Stunning but IMHO must lose 1 inch or so from top. The horizontal line at the top is ruining edge. Crop will make it an poster!

Cheers Mate!

Thanks for the comments Taz, spot on as usual.

edited November 28, 2022

@black mamba said:
    Great work, Cristóbal. That Nazca area has long been of key interest to me....as I firmly believe in the whole alien life phenomena thing. I look at #5 and all I can think of is grabbing my beach boogie-board and going for the ride of my life down the side of that dune. Thanks for sharing this work, my friend.

The lines are really incredible and there are many theories, including yours... :smile: Here are some more pictures of the trip plus other Peru pictures if you are interested. https://www.mind-driftphoto.com/Nature/Peru/i-7sLsrZc

We came straight down that dune, it felt something in between skiing and snowshoeing, fun!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

A wonderful set!!

Nazca has been on the "go to" list for a long time now. Got close when in Lima, however, never got the opportunity to leave Lima and venture further about the country.

Such a fantastic area, wonderful shots. #'s 4 and 9 certainly deserve to be enlarged and hung, also marketable, post-card worthy!!

Thanks for giving us a view of this iconic area.

Thanks Gato, it was a great trip with very distinct activities, the lines, the dune and driving up to the reserve in the Andes.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited November 30, 2022

Christobal, I just went through your entire Peru gallery. What a set of photos that is! You've got landscapes and seascapes that other photographers could only dream of. And that lighthouse shot is perfect. Thanks for the link to view those.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Thanks for visiting my site David! Glad you liked the Peru gallery.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

What an amazing place. I'm filled with envy. Terrific shots.

edited December 2, 2022

Here is a revised version based on Taz suggestion, I think it is much better, thanks Taz.

And this

Question: I post pictures from my website to the forum, when I edit something and repost, the original also gets replaced not allowing for comparison. Any way around this? I don't want to fill my site with multiple versions of the same.shot.

@Cornflake said:
    What an amazing place. I'm filled with envy. Terrific shots.

Thanks Don, you would enjoy this place, specially with all your desert.shooting experience.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I'm sure I would enjoy it.

"Question: I post pictures from my website to the forum, when I edit something and repost, the original also gets replaced not allowing for comparison. Any way around this? I don't want to fill my site with multiple versions of the same.shot."

On my SmugMug site, if I post a revision with the same identifying information as the original, I get asked if I should replace the original. Usually I say yes. The original is then gone. A post here that links to the shot will show the revision only. If I give the revision different identifying information, the original version will remain. I don't know if it works the same for your site. Hope this is comprehensible.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal....

Wonderful "re-dos"!!

Sure would like to get there some day. Looks like you had a fantastic trip...so many wonderful images!

Thanks Gato, this is why I like the forum. Constructive criticism, polite, no trolling and over the years I have learned a lot. Priceless.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2022

Both rework are stunning Cristobal! BRAVO!!!