Desert dunes

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I have an attraction to deserts and dunes, over the years I've taken some shots that I like and decided to collect them in a gallery on my site that you can visit here

Here are some that I really like, they all have been posted previously, so some of you might remember them.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

I sure remember the third shot which involved editing discussions, not sure of the second but it was around the same time, but I don't remember the first one at all, and I don't know why since I look at every thread in here. Speaking of the first, which is gorgeous BTW, I think it could benefit from some straightening based on the foreground.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    I sure remember the third shot which involved editing discussions, not sure of the second but it was around the same time, but I don't remember the first one at all, and I don't know why since I look at every thread in here. Speaking of the first, which is gorgeous BTW, I think it could benefit from some straightening based on the foreground.

Thanks David, I will certainly look into straightening that first shot, it’s around a decade old.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

EPIC and enjoyable! Staring at all of them!
    Cheers!

@Stumblebum said:
    EPIC and enjoyable! Staring at all of them!
    Cheers!

Many thanks Taz!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal....

I truly like this set. wonderful B&W treatment of images 2 and 3. The color and presentation in image 1, is wonderful. An image that one can simply look at and not realize how much time has passed, spent simply looking out into this image.

Beautiful!

@El Gato said:
    Cristóbal....

I truly like this set. wonderful B&W treatment of images 2 and 3. The color and presentation in image 1, is wonderful. An image that one can simply look at and not realize how much time has passed, spent simply looking out into this image.

Beautiful!

Many thanks Gato, I always find that deserts appeal to me, lots of options for compositions with beautiful natural shapes. Simple shots where the choice of composition, color vs BW, light can create very different results.