Blogger post title color

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited December 13, 2022 in SmugMug Customization

Hi all,

A little OT. I lost my old customized blogger (that I had created using Denise's instructions) that was color matched with Navbar etc the same as my SM site. I don't have the time to recreate it now (as the code seems to have changed). I just used a default theme in blogger and customized it (and like it now). The only issue is that the post titles on the homepage are orange color, but when I click on any post and it goes to the post's page, the color changes to white. I know the code must have some override, but I cannot find it. Can anyone tell me what line in my blogger code I need to change? Thanks much.

My blog is at https://shniks.blogspot.com/

Homepage example

Post example (now it is white in color)

Thanks much.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited December 13, 2022

Interesting @shniks. I no longer see a way to expose the code in blogger but it appears you can change the color of the titles.

Go into your blog and click Theme.
    At the top of the page there should be a button to CUSTOMIZE. Click that.
    On the left side click Advanced.
    Click Links
    Select a color.

When I tried the different options, selecting "Links" and changing the color changed the color of the post title. I'm guessing it will also change any links in the post to the new color.

• shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins

@denisegoldberg said:
    Interesting @shniks. I no longer see a way to expose the code in blogger but it appears you can change the color of the titles.

Go into your blog and click Theme.
    At the top of the page there should be a button to CUSTOMIZE. Click that.
    On the left side click Advanced.
    Click Links
    Select a color.

When I tried the different options, selecting "Links" and changing the color changed the color of the post title. I'm guessing it will also change any links in the post to the new color.

Thanks Denise. I tried that and the color is Orange there too, but is showing up as white when you go to the post. I guess it is okay. Don't want to spend too much time on this. Weird that the color is changing to white. Under Advanced, I also went to 'Post Title' but there is only a Font Size option - no color option. Pretty sure that would solve my issue.

Cheers,