Old rusted-out stuff

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1)

2 )

3 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

A rust mine! Any close ups?

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Very nice, Tom!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    A rust mine! Any close ups?

Hey. buddy. Yes, I have a multitude of close ups. They are in a seemingly extra large gaggle of files that I'm wading through. Seldom in my rust work do I show the entire " target " , as I call them. I thought, here, that I would show folks the type of things I hunt down...targets....that are the genesis for all of my usual interpretive rust work.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited December 13, 2022

@moose135 said:
    Very nice, Tom!

Hey, John. I know that in your travels through those mountains you've seen a lot of this stuff. I have observed, however, that you don't see as many rusted hulks right up on the roads like you used to. There's still a fair amount of those but you have to go deep into the mountains to see a lot of it.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic Tom! You hit the jack pot!

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    Hey, John. I know that in your travels through those mountains you've seen a lot of this stuff. I have observed, however, that you don't see as many rusted hulks right up on the roads like you used to. There's still a fair amount of those but you have to go deep into the mountains to see a lot of it.

Right on the side of Rt 321, a little south of Blowing Rock, there used to be a line of old, rusty vehicles - a couple of tractors, a pickup or two, and some various parts and pieces. They were out there for years, but I think the property was sold a couple of years ago, and they have disappeared.

edited December 20, 2022

@Stumblebum said:
    Fantastic Tom! You hit the jack pot!

Thanks, Taz. I'm working hard on gaining access to one of the biggest collections of rusted-out hulks I've ever seen.....and that's saying a lot. The old hulks are spread out all over the side of a hill and must number well over 100. The downside is that they are located in an area known for being unfriendly to outsiders, particularly those walking around with a camera in their hands. Remember....this is deep in the Appalachians that we are talking about. I know a firefighter up there who knows some of the family members who own the land and he's trying to get them to let me wonder around to do my thing. I've got my fingers crossed.

Hey, John. I remember when you posted some shots of the rusted stuff you speak of. I also shot some of those same things and I posted some of my doctored extractions on the forum.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Another fine set!

Your knack for finding fading Americana is amazing.

Be careful wandering around those hills and such...but do continue to share with us these bits and pieces of history...pieces of "Americana Rust."

@El Gato said:
    Tom...

Another fine set!

Your knack for finding fading Americana is amazing.

Be careful wandering around those hills and such...but do continue to share with us these bits and pieces of history...pieces of "Americana Rust."

Thanks, Al. I love your term " Americana Rust ". I'm going to use that as the title to some compilations of my rust work that I have in mind.