Winter Sentinels

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Finally getting time to processing some images that I took in the winter of 2022, just about 11 months ago.

Getting ready for the winter of 2023 and more out door, freeze my fingers off, frost the lens, photo opportunities.

I love the challenges and rewards that winter photography provides.

Listening to the snow fall on a wintery day, out in the woods...peaceful, calming, refreshing, magical.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great in many ways but for some reason the straight line of horizon at the base of trees in distance is not appealing to me.....

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Congratulations. I find that shots like this, wherein tree trunks are the main subject, to be difficult to pull off. I sure share your feelings about wintertime shooting.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Hi Gato, are you living in the future? a year ahead of all of us :)! I think your shot would benefit from an increase in either blacks or contrast. I like the shot, the multiple frames are a bit dizzying.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Great in many ways but for some reason the straight line of horizon at the base of trees in distance is not appealing to me.....

Taz, thanks for your comment. I will check this out and see if I can correct in a revised version.

Thanks again for your sharp eye and critique, much appreciated.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Hi Gato, are you living in the future? a year ahead of all of us :)! I think your shot would benefit from an increase in either blacks or contrast. I like the shot, the multiple frames are a bit dizzying.

Cristóbal...I am working on making your suggested adjustments...thank you!!