Welcome to the Themed Threads Board!

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited January 29, 2018 in Themed Threads

Now you can find all the themed threads in one place. These threads are for those who like to show their images without expecting any direct feedback for critiques. Each thread is explained at the starting post. Here are a few more guidelines that should help make it more enjoyable for all.

1. No back to back posting of images.
  2. Try to keep it 1 or 2 images in a post of any given theme.
  3. Do not post the same image on multiple themes, even if it fits more than one theme. Once is enough.
  4. If you start a new thread, please explain the theme clearly and show one or two examples.
  5. Try and post your best photos only.
  6. If you like what you see from others posts, hit the like or heart icon beneath their image! Encouraging words are ok too! Feedback is always nice to hear.

If you want good criticism on techniques and such in regards to your image, this is not the place to do it. Look on one of the other boards that fits your image, in the Dgrin forums.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

This is a thoughtfully considered set of guidelines. I think the forum will benefit greatly from their implementation.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Hi Joyce, re point number 3: I totally agree about posting duplicates but sometimes I have trouble remembering if I've posted a certain picture previously and in order to avoid duplicates I scroll through pages of posts. Is there any relatively easy way we can tell which pictures we've posted? When I go to my profile and check the "Comments" section it only pulls up the title of the comment and not the picture itself. If I do a general forum search of all my posts, it brings up the latest picture I've posted in each thread with a link to the thread to see the others. Have I missed something???

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

@sarasphotos said:
    Hi Joyce, re point number 3: I totally agree about posting duplicates but sometimes I have trouble remembering if I've posted a certain picture previously and in order to avoid duplicates I scroll through pages of posts. Is there any relatively easy way we can tell which pictures we've posted? When I go to my profile and check the "Comments" section it only pulls up the title of the comment and not the picture itself. If I do a general forum search of all my posts, it brings up the latest picture I've posted in each thread with a link to the thread to see the others. Have I missed something???

I totally understand what your saying and have thought of this many times in regards to my own posting. All I can say is do your best at remembering and we will look the other way if any slip by a time or two. I don't think any of us keeps track of who is posting what! I'm not going to police it. It is just a guideline to do your best at not posting the same image just to up your posting numbers. Does this help?

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

I've been thinking about this, but a method would be to put a small remark (or an abbreviation) in the caption or comment field on SmugMug where the picture has been posted.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

A good idea Pieter, but it won't work for me as all of my captions come from Lightroom and I don't ever edit them in SM (nor do I want to).

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2018

I started this morning using the comment field

But looking further I'll probably change that to the keyword/label field

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited June 13, 2020

A while back, I found a method that works and I forgot to post it here. The best way to check what you have posted a certain image, is to go to your account where the photo is hosted, and use the file name to copy. Then open a second window of dgrin and paste the name of the file into the search bar. It should bring up all files posted on dgrin with that file name. It works for me.

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

I used to just put an x in front of the file number when I used the photo. That way all the ones that I had used went to the end of the folder when I alphabetized them.

What I do now is have albums for each place I put photos. I have an album for Digi-challenges. I check before I use a photo by slipping it into the album and watching the number of photos in the album. If the number does NOT change, I know I've used that photo already.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”