Eternal Rest in Black & White

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Back to working with my IR kit.

I was shooting in one of my favoriate venues, a tranquil, quasi-remote (under visited) cemetery.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Wonderful. I have missed your IR work very much. I don't shoot in that format but I certainly enjoy seeing the works of those that have the skills to be good at it.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thank you for your comment Tom and glad you like this one.

It has been a while since I have been able to get to processing the backlog of IR images. I hope to be able to post more over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Gato, this is a pretty amazing shot, I've never done much IR work, but I think this is great!

Cristóbal...

Thank you very much for your comment. Having seen your amazing work, your comment is humbling and inspiring.

I hope to be able to post more IR work in 2023.

Thank you again!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Very nice, Gato. I haven't taken much IR for the last few years. It can be very effective.

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Oops, I missed this when you posted. Always good to see more IR photos in here. Grave Yards are among the subjects that respond to IR favorably.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • SpiritVisionPhotoSpiritVisionPhoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

Not Forgotten

• SpiritVisionPhotoSpiritVisionPhoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

@Cornflake said:
    Very nice, Gato. I haven't taken much IR for the last few years. It can be very effective.

Thanks Don. I would do more if I could squeeze more hours into the day. IR can really open up a lot of creativity and opportunities to attempt different approaches to capturing an image. Glad you liked this one.

@SpiritVisionPhoto said:
    Not Forgotten

Very nice! work!

Certainly enjoy seeing other IRs here.

Yes, cemeteries beyond their peaceful venues offer ideal locations for IR work.