1 )

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

7 )

8 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Nice set! I like the car in 7 and 8, how much are you asking for it 😀!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2023

Thanks, Cristóbal. Ferrari made only 36 of these cars during 1962 to 1964. The highest price paid for one at an auction is $48,000,000. However, there is one that sold in a private sale for a reported $73,000,000. ZOUNDS.!!!!!

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Love pair! Fantastic shooting too Tom! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Thank you. Taz. I wish you the very best this new year. As someone who has been a stalwart on this forum....freely giving advice and encouragement ....you have earned my utmost respect. I'm indebted to you, brother.

edited January 14, 2023

@black mamba said:
    Thank you. Taz. I wish you the very best this new year. As someone who has been a stalwart on this forum....freely giving advice and encouragement ....you have earned my utmost respect. I'm indebted to you, brother.

Echo that! The same applies to you Tom.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Ooooh, very pretty cars! My fave is the older one, "12".

edited January 18, 2023

Hey, Sara. I'm sure glad to hear from you. This was one of the largest gatherings of the 250 GTO's ever held. It took my breath away.

BTW......have you got any exciting trips on the books? I'm getting antsy to travel.

• spanky117abspanky117ab Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins

Never seem so many 250 GTO's in one place. Looking at photo #6 it's easy to see where Chevy got the styling idea for the rear fenders and rear window of the 1970's Corvette Stingray.

@spanky117ab said:
    Never seem so many 250 GTO's in one place. Looking at photo #6 it's easy to see where Chevy got the styling idea for the rear fenders and rear window of the 1970's Corvette Stingray.

Thanks for the visit, Mike, That's a good observation on your part. I don't think it was the first time that Chevy heisted a styling feature from Ferrari.

Tom

@black mamba said:

BTW......have you got any exciting trips on the books? I'm getting antsy to travel.

Over Christmas we were in the Alps in northern Italy (only four hours from here) so my husband could try out his new downhill skis. We were lucky to have a couple of days of good weather and I got some nice Alpine shots (which due to an over-filled schedule, are not yet processed...). In May we are planning a trip to the Dordogne region in southwestern France. We'll be underway with another couple who also enjoy wine, food and bike riding, so it should be lots of fun! Other than than that, nothing big in the works for the coming year.

Hope you can get out and travel soon - although we have been fortunate enough to be able to travel in the periods of non-lockdown, we sure missed in between.

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Sweet! Great set of photos, Tom! Love those old Ferraris!

@moose135 said:
    Sweet! Great set of photos, Tom! Love those old Ferraris!

Thanks, John. I'm glad you caught this posting because I know how you love these things.

@sarasphotos said:

@black mamba said:

Over Christmas we were in the Alps in northern Italy (only four hours from here) so my husband could try out his new downhill skis. We were lucky to have a couple of days of good weather and I got some nice Alpine shots (which due to an over-filled schedule, are not yet processed...). In May we are planning a trip to the Dordogne region in southwestern France. We'll be underway with another couple who also enjoy wine, food and bike riding, so it should be lots of fun! Other than than that, nothing big in the works for the coming year.

Hope you can get out and travel soon - although we have been fortunate enough to be able to travel in the periods of non-lockdown, we sure missed in between.

Good to hear from you Sara!

@Juano said:
    Good to hear from you Sara!

Thanks so much Cristóbal! Somehow in retirement I have much less DGRIN time as when I was sitting alone in my office 5 days a week! :wink:

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

Great set!

I'll take #7, and I have just the space in the garage for it!

What a beautiful collection of classic autos.

@El Gato said:
    Tom...

Great set!

I'll take #7, and I have just the space in the garage for it!

What a beautiful collection of classic autos.

I'm with you, Al. I'm kind of partial to #7 myself, but they can all find a home at my place.